Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth behind your username
Hokay, so I thought I'd start up a thread to enquire (obviously if it's too personal a question, just don't answer it !!) what caused you to pick the username you chose for yourself on this site ...

So ... why did I choose the name Shadow ? Why did Spotysocks pick that as his name, and so on ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I chose Hyde because I was going through like an obsession with Jekyll and Hyde the Musical and 'Jekyll' sounds abit too nerdy - ooh, and because David Hasselhoff looks hotter when hes hyde!

Smurlos has been a nickname of mine for years and years now.
It's actually a mixture of other nicknames that kind of came together to form one.

Back in school, because my name is Carl, I often got called 'Carlos' - guess that's the cooler variant heh. It made me sound cooler than I was anyway :biggrin:

Anywho, then I joined a forum about Buffy and met many friends from there - we had a huge meet up one year - and the mates I'd made decided I looked smurf-like and was clever and so called me "Brainy Smurf". Eventually The Brainy got dropped and they mixed Smurf with Carlos to make Smurlos.

Kinda weird, but there you have it! An evolution of nicknames! :biggrin:

I choose mine because i thought it was somewhat funny, and the day before i was shopping i had a dilemma to buy spotty socks or not. lol Obviously i misspelled it with one T but i like it more this way now.

pilgrim because i thought it defined very well how i am, and how i've always been - a spiritual introspective searcher of sorts. it is also an excellent r.e.m. song (pilgrimage)

pocket because sometimes the world seems so vast it's impossible not to feel small, but despite that the search continues.

also, for the alliteration. :biggrin:

Wilem is how a guy misspelt my name on a Christmas card when I was 9.
Confusedmile:

Mine is because someone once said I was a mystery inside a conundrum within an enigma

wouldlikemuscle = would like muscle... it of course has a double meaning in that I would like to build some muscle mass, and I like guys with muscles! As you may have guessed from one or two of my previous posts! Smile

Saltybeans because I wanted something different and every site I went on had this name free :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I was lazy and couldn't think of anything..... so I went with what I am going to school to be. I'm a future Registered Dietitian.

It was either that or the name I use on my pet forums.... catfish (name of my oldest cat) or Miyakko which is the name I used while I was into MMORPG