Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth behind your username
Prepare for the nerdiest username of them all:
XRIMO is an acronym for Xena Rocks In My Opinion.

hellocake. um. to be honest, i sat there fed up of the fact whenever i tried to think of a username on a website it would always come bak saying USERNAME TAKEN. i tried to think of two words tht together, could defeat the system and produce the most random username on the planet. and i succeeded. Wink its served me well.

I chose Shadow because it reminds me of how I was when I was younger - closeted and, it felt, watching everything (predominantly the lives of others) unfolding from the shadows ...

It helps me to remember what it's like being in that place, and to try and make better, more informed judgments for my future.

That and the fact that so many of the coolest characters I grew up with in video games and cartoons are Shadow(something) ... like my Avatar which, in case you're not familiar with it, is Shadowdemon (Venger's Right-Hand Man) from the Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon ...

Finally, I like that fact that it has a slightly enigmatic quality to it ...

On gamefaqs.com (the other site I frequent), I go by the handle "Mister Sinister" because a) Shadow was already taken :mad:; and b) Mister Sinister has long been my favourite X-Man Villain. He kicks butt AND looks cool !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Well my first name is Daniel,the numbers 1089 was the secret combination for our accounting group's safe WAY back in high school.Fun times!

Well, mine's kinda weird, I've found more reasons for it AFTER choosing it than before.

Way back when, I was on an RP forum where I was the character named "Suika", female anthro-dragoness yadda yadda. I've always loved japanese and found that "Sui" means "water" which is my element (more on that later). Much to my suprise, later I found that "suika" actually means "watermellon" so now the people I still know tease me about that because they thought it was an intentional comparison to the character's breast size...

Anyhoo, years went by and I left the forum and joined a new one, this time I shortened the name down to "Sui" to make it (as I thought) a bit more masculine. However, every time people first see my name, it seems that they think it's feminine... Rolleyes guess I can't win that one. But through the years, the name stuck because I'm still obsessed with just about everything Japanese ('cept sushi.... bleh).

Other meanings that came to be are:

- middleschool I got really depressed and "sui" is the first three letters of "suicide" so at the time I thought it was symbolic or something

- I'm an avid believer of magick, and water is my base element (the one I'm most comfortable using).

- My personality's alot like water. I can be just about anything. Calm, bubbly, destructive as a tsunami... and if you happen to drop me, I go all over the place!:tongue: And I do kind've go out of my way to accomidate things, like when you throw a large rock into a stream... water usually finds a way around it and keeps flowing.

- I drowned when I was six (was pronounced dead, then the defibrillator WORKED....), so arguably water's a part of my life.

- I 'heal' people by being sort of their personal therapist, and the element water is known for healing.

- and probably a few more that I haven't even picked up on yet!:biggrin:

And that's why I'm Sui... I guess... :tongue:

ardus is the 1st name of Ardus Kraven, which is the name i use on almost every internet thing I'm on, which came from an RPG i played long ago that ws the name of my first character.

Brandel is a character from my favorite book series as a child. Patricia C. Wrede's "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles". My real name is Brandon, but my good friend who shared my passion for these books renamed me Brandel.

XRIMO Wrote:Prepare for the nerdiest username of them all:
XRIMO is an acronym for Xena Rocks In My Opinion.

<-

I think mine might be nerdier! 452 is the last three digits in Max's designation. She's frequently called that through out the series (Dark Angel). And because I consider Jessica Alba one of the hottest women on the planet, and that I'm a huge DA fan, it fit.

Max's whole designation is:
I know that from memory! lol. I'm such a geek!

Mine is because I used to live in the suburb of Clontarf in Sydney's northern beaches.

Twazzle Wrote:Saltybeans because I wanted something different and every site I went on had this name free :biggrin:

think you need to update this Wink