Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wall
Hi there!
I've come out to some people in my life (close friend and my sister and gay aunts) but recently, I've been feeling as though my relationship with my parents is weakening. I have no desire to come out though. How do I get the ball rolling again and have the desire to come out to everyone in my life? Thanks for any help! Smile

Hello ! I found it easier to come out to mates as most of them guessed anyway, I have come out to the parents but I think they assumed it was a phase so it doesn't get mentioned that much.. I think when the time is right you will just come out without thinking about it.. and planning to do it overcomplicates the whole thing adding pressure that isn't needed. Just be true to yourself Confusedmile:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

It says you are 17. Do you still live with your parents? Is there a chance they'll find out from others? How do you think they'll react?

There's no rush if you think they might react poorly or if you want to wait a year-ish until you're out on your own - unless you are coming out to others that your parents are likely to find out from gossip, in which case it's probably a good idea to tell them yourself.