Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The young frighten me.
Why does the younger generation today love horror and viloence so much? Horror films or shoot-'em-ups seem to attract hordes of folk. I have only ever seen one horror film and even that not completely. Once the gore started I switched off. I have seen too many folk cut up for real in my time to want see it on film too.. There used to be a website called "ogrish" that showd actual pictures of the aftermath of road crashes and railway suicides such as a man cut completely in half. These were not doctored images but actual scenes. Gives me the willies.

Well if it makes you feel better I can't handle gore or violence... I watch the news and that is enough for me. I figure I see too much on cnn that when I relax I don't need to watch it.... I do like suspense films, but nothing with gore and typically nothing with violence

i am not a horror-seeker either, so i relate. i much rather prefer to watch something that either relaxes me or gets me thinking. i have a lot of things to worry about already, i don't need violence to be one of them. but to each his own i suppose.

I think the most horrific thing I've ever seen is the price for bad taste.. check out some of the fashion going around Sydney atm Pukeface

I love watching horror and gory stuff!

But I also know that watching that is not real... I think i'm going slightly off topic by sayin this, but I seriously don't get how people can BLAME films and computer games for people's actions... sorry, but if people are going to do stuff that they've seen like that, then they obviously cannot keep real and fake separate and are screwed up in the head anyway... yes I was annoyed when they tried to ban GTA and banned Manhunt 2.

And if something has a age rating on it, yet the parent's go out and buy the films / games for their kids... and it fucks em up... blame the parents, not the film/game.

/rant.

And I've seen some nasty 'real' stuff too... some things have made me truly mad at seeing them... I'm now thinking of one thing in particular which I won't describe. Now THAT's the stuff that you could blame for truly screwing people up in the head!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I love watching horror and gory stuff!

But I also know that watching that is not real... I think i'm going slightly off topic by sayin this, but I seriously don't get how people can BLAME films and computer games for people's actions... sorry, but if people are going to do stuff that they've seen like that, then they obviously cannot keep real and fake separate and are screwed up in the head anyway... yes I was annoyed when they tried to ban GTA and banned Manhunt 2.

And if something has a age rating on it, yet the parent's go out and buy the films / games for their kids... and it fucks em up... blame the parents, not the film/game.

/rant.

And I've seen some nasty 'real' stuff too... some things have made me truly mad at seeing them... I'm now thinking of one thing in particular which I won't describe. Now THAT's the stuff that you could blame for truly screwing people up in the head!

I agree with you Michael that folk who do copy what they see are no-brainers. I just wish the media would show less of it ON TV. Let those who want to see it go to the movies.

Hmmm Gore YACK. I personally dont, although I do like a good horror :biggrin: But not so much blood/violence. :tongue: So PSHH although I am classed as old.. So yes YOUNG ONES
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

well considering I went out and got Hostel 2 and 28 weeks later on DVD the other day... that shows my tastes in film! Big Grin

I really can't be doing with all the gore and stuff personally, but I'm fine with it in video games ...

I don't like watching horror movies or anything with gore in it ... Wouldlikemuscle's taste in movies and mine are NOT compatible, for example - I've never ever wanted to watch either of the Hostel movies, and I've already said to Martyn that if/when we go touring around Europe, we're NOT staying at any hostels ANYWHERE. At all.

However, I love fighting games and Martial Arts movies, so things like Mortal Kombat, the Bourne Trilogy, the Blade Trilogy, the Quest, I love all that ...

... but it doesn't make me a violent person - I won't even squash mosquitos - I'll capture them and put them outside ... so I think it, like most other things in life, affects certain people certain ways, and others in other ways.

But I think Wouldlikemuscle's point is a very valid one ... people naturally target this type of media as being to blame because of its high levels of exposure and public dissemination - however, I think it's probably unfair to suggest that they are solely, or even in the MAIN, to blame for violent behaviour.

It's up to parents and society in general to drum into people that is, and is not, considered acceptable behaviour in a civilised society. If we cannot cope with the emergence of this type of thing and take it in our stride, how can we deal with bigger issues ?

That's my two penneth at any road ... but a very good question, and good points all around I feel xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:well considering I went out and got Hostel 2 and 28 weeks later on DVD the other day... that shows my tastes in film! Big Grin

When I saw Hostel with that scene with the Japanese girl and the eyeball I had to laugh just because it all seemed too over the top.

I'm not much into gore I think most of it's just unnecessary but show me a good horror flick and I'm there.