Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think about it
Properly this should be under "Humour" but there's an underlying message that is really quite serious. So all you smokers, think about it,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Ahh I'm sorry if my smoke gets on your clothes - would you prefer if it is the blood and guts of the victims of my stress that get splattered on your clothing, hair and face triggered by insufficient levels of nicotine to prevent me from going postal?

Think about it.

yeah i agree. you're inhaling poison and contaminating the area around you. it's the 21st century, grow up people.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Ahh I'm sorry if my smoke gets on your clothes - would you prefer if it is the blood and guts of the victims of my stress that get splattered on your clothing, hair and face triggered by insufficient levels of nicotine to prevent me from going postal?

Think about it.

if you need cigarettes in order not to go postal then you already are postal. if it's nicotine you need -- here's a newsflash -- electronic cigarettes provide pure nicotine without the shit that's in the conventional ones. that's no excuse. people only smoke for the image, and that image is one of a ridiculous ignorant person who doesn't know better.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Ahh I'm sorry if my smoke gets on your clothes - would you prefer if it is the blood and guts of the victims of my stress that get splattered on your clothing, hair and face triggered by insufficient levels of nicotine to prevent me from going postal?

Think about it.

Yeah or you could just take responsibility and exercise self control.

Tsk. Smokers. "its everyone elses fault, so you have to put up with my stinking, cough inducing habit. Why should i go outside? YOU go outside".

Think about it.

I smoke sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.

As for it getting on your clothes or polluting your environment or w/e, well, who gives a fuck about you people? So far as I'm concerned you're all just useless eaters cluttering up and generally fucking up MY planet.

MikeW Wrote:I smoke sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.

As for it getting on your clothes or polluting your environment or w/e, well, who gives a fuck about you people? So far as I'm concerned you're all just useless eaters cluttering up and generally fucking up MY planet.

.....eaters?

To quit smoking is easier said than done. The statement above that said that we do it for image is completely wrong in a lot of cases. I am a considerate smoker and do not smoke when anyone is around or around public buildings. I do not smoke in my cars and do not smoke once I get home. In my extremely stressful work life and my anxiety issues, a smoke calms my nerves and relaxes me so I do not go "postal". With that being said, I do not enjoy it as much as I used to and am planning to quit soon.

And another thing, E-cigs are not really a substitute. I have them but they do not have the same effect as a real cigarette but they have their positives also. That is unless you believe the campaign to stop E-cigs.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

CarGuy65 Wrote:And another thing, E-cigs are not really a substitute. I have them but they do not have the same effect as a real cigarette

then the effect is a psychological one. maybe not image for you, but something else then (habit, having something ''to do'', etc).

the only active ingredient in the conventional cigarettes is nicotine. electronic cigarettes are a full substitute for that. but, of course, they're not the same thing psychologically. that's the only thing you can't substitute when switching.

end of story.

MikeW Wrote:As for it getting on your clothes or polluting your environment or w/e, well, who gives a fuck about you people? So far as I'm concerned you're all just useless eaters cluttering up and generally fucking up MY planet.

lol. you don't have to give a fuck about other people. it's just basic common courtesy not doing to others what you don't want to have done to you. people who kill other people also don't give a fuck. as long as you don't happen across a serial killer, that's fine if they go and kill other people. but when it's you on the receiving end it's a different story.

thing is, we all have strong likes and dislikes when it comes to things other people do. but we live in a society where there are hundreds and thousands of strangers around us every day. so, the basic common courtesy of not polluting other people's lungs is very relevant. if you don't like to extend such courtesy to strangers and don't want it in exchange you can go and live in isolation some place.

you're being rather ignorant on this topic.

then you talk about your planet? you think the smoke from your cigarettes doesn't pollute the atmosphere?

tobacco and the environment

smoking and climate change

Quote:Smoking alone spews 2.6 million tons of CO2 and 5.2 million tons of methane into the atmosphere every year, says Kuhndt.

Quote:tobbacco farming and disposing of waste has impacts on the environment too. The widespread monoculture inherent in growing tobacco extracts six times more potassium from the soil than growing other plants does.

Quote:150 kg of wood are needed for drying one kilogram of tobacco, which converts to 1.2 million hectares of forest. About 600 million trees are chopped down annually to make room for tobacco plants.

Quote:Cigarette butts have been found in the stomachs of young birds, sea turtles and other marine creatures

you wanna talk about your planet again?

think about fucking that. that's such full bullshit attitude you people are displaying. it's always other people's problem, right? what a joke. grow the fuck up. we live in the information age. ignorance is no longer justified.