Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Time Never Fails...??
third time is Charmed.

[Image: charmed_2.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yeah... I kinda did neglect to tell you therapists will call you on your own BS too.... :redface:

Oh what a shameless omitter am I....:biggrin:

But I am glad you two are going to a therapist and working on stuff. Seriously if you use the therapist for all s/he is worth the end result is a better home environment, better communication and a greater chance at having a working long term relationship.

If I recall, you two are the couple that I feel has great potential and are actually well matched up...

Oh, he's getting his ass kicked a bit too, so it's all good.
And thanks also for hunting down all those parenting resources in our area, they've been a big help!

Iceblink Wrote:I hope this is it and you stick around. Welcome back, Alex. You might be in a relationship and people might like to say some romantic things like "We are one," but you must always remain your own person with your identity. No matter how long you are in a relationship, always make some of your own decisions without consulting him first and always maintain a friendship that is more your friend than his, and keep a couple identity-sensitive accounts or profiles that are a password only you know. Never give up too much of yourself. He should have never had access to your profile to delete it. Keep going to therapy. it seems to be showing results already.

Thanks, this is pretty much exactly what the therapist has been trying to convey. And my BF is a bit of a hard sell, but we're making progress.

Welcome back Adam! I hope that you guys can come to an understanding. He might think he is "protecting" you ...maybe you should discuss that with him and let him think about why he feels he needs to delete your account.....

One thing I try to never do on the internet is flirt with anyone. My BF was cool with me flirting with guys when I was bartending after I explained it was pretty much a necessary part of the job (though he liked to mark his territory...it was kinda cute)...

My BF reads the boards I go to sometimes but rarely has anything to say about anything he reads and no interest in saying anything himself.

I hope you stay this time around...and I hope you guys get some resolution and personal growth from the therapy.

many congrats are in order - firstly to you both for accepting counselling, otherwise the marriage may have been over before it started,
second, congrats to bf for pretty much admitting control issues to see a therapist, that must be very difficult if you have those impulses,
Third , Bowyn - he deserves credit where its due , to put forward an argument that save a relationship to 2 people you have not met is commendable to say the least, bravo man..

Hope when you do get married its with a clean slate and a happy heart

Okay, what happened to Adam?

and he is gone again

It's okay, we'll be around for the fourth try too.

Sadly at my age I have discovered that that threes the charm myth is exactly that, a myth....

Yet there is always hope that if we try try try that eventually we shall succeed....

Fingers crossed for ya.

Dammit. I liked him. Hope he comes back.