Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This horrible English again...
Ok, I've seen a few topics where some guys were groaning how difficult English is. For me, however, a problem is not to understand the meaning of words. The problem is to hear them! Below you can find an example. My own lyrics of a song by Cher Lloyd o_O It doesn't make sense, I know Tongue

Hey! Boy you never had much game
So I needed to upgrade
So I wanna wet duvet-vet-vet
Now, I’ve seen you’ve been hanging out
With another girl in town
Looking like a bear or clowns, clowns, clowns

Remember all the things that you united first
And now you’re doing them with her
Remember all the things that you united first
You got me, got me like this

And now you take it, hustla?
Let me rest, it’s wrong
When we went? Come on!
And now you take it, hustla?
Let me rest, it’s wrong
You got me, got me like this

Boy, you can see me and I think you know that
I don’t give a shit, no one else can have ya
I want you back…
I’ve broken up, thinking you’ll be crying
Now I feel like a shit, looking: ain’t you crying?
I want you back etc.

Actually, you translated remarkably well. Very few misheard lyrics. I took the liberty of posting what I heard in some of them that you may have not understood very well.

So I wanna wet duvet-vet-vet - is actually So I went and walked away way way
With another girl in town - with that other girl in town
Looking like a bear or clowns, clowns, clowns - looking like a pair of clowns
Remember all the things that you united first - remember all the things that you and I did first
And now you take it, hustla? Let me rest, it’s wrong - And now you're taking her to every restaurant
When we went? Come on! - And everywhere we went, Come on!
And now you take it, hustla? Let me rest, it’s wrong - And now you're taking her to every restaurant
Boy, you can see me and I think you know that - I have no idea what she is saying here...

Not my type of music, so it was kind of painful to listen to. Like I said you did very well.

Actually with modern music a lot of people tend to mishear or misunderstand what the singer is saying.

MTV or VH1 used to have a weekly show where people sang the lyrics they heard to popular songs - always funny at what they heard and what was really sang.

So it may not be so much an english thing as just that this particular artist needs to learn how to pronounce better.

I never thought there would be a thread with a cher lloyd song video and the lyrics… im just amazed at this :p what was the question… oh yeah, actually i think your english is pretty good but theres no need to insult us by calling us horrible Wink

Gawd, my sister used to sing some damned funny assed lyrics to songs, because she never would stop and listen to what they were saying, she would just go along with whatever it sounded like.

I have no idea what it is about this song, but I like it. lol
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'd checked the lyrics before posting here so I've already known how it sounds like. Just wanted to show it might be funny what someone hears and what the reality is. I didn't know there is a kind of show on MTV you mentioned, I have to watch it :tongue:.

I don't want to insult English because the received pronunciation I understand very well so probably it's her fault. But, actually, I like this song and can't stop listening to it :tongue:

Yeah tbf I think it says more about the was Cher Lloyd sings than how you listen and understand it.. And it dosnt make sense cause she's a tool..

Anyone guessed I'm not a fan yet..

I think the song is funny. But I've heard worse songs then this.

I've found another one