Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not going to end well.
^^^ no they want people who can drive.

I can drive - I know how and when I drove I never got in a wreck or got so much as a parking ticket.... Just that this state, well for that matter every state, will deny me a license until the absence seizures are under control which is about the same time that donkeys will sprout wings and fly.

Marry him behind the relatives backs. You'll inherit everything. Wink

Beaux Wrote:Marry him behind the relatives backs. You'll inherit everything. Wink

LOL, Beaux. People who can make others chuckle in the most serious situation are true treasure :biggrin:

Beaux Wrote:Marry him behind the relatives backs. You'll inherit everything. Wink

My goodness. Why didn't I think of that myself.... Xyxthumbs

Next time he falls I will insist the 911 folk place him on his knees before they put him on his feet - just to make certain there are witnesses.

:biggrin:

So... married yet?

Buffylo Wrote:So... married yet?

I don't get how no one (as in, no decent human being) has married this lovely fucker yet.

You must marry him. :-)

Seriously cant you have someone speak to him on your behalf, i know its hard for us to voice our own concerns, but if someones good at bending ears? (I would call him!)

Does he not have enuf facultys left to realise that hes sort of your life-line and after hes gone, thats it.
He sounds like hes ALWAYS been stupid, all that money and lives in squalor.

Sorry im just angry coz im concerned for you and apparantly he doesnt give one solitary shit!

He hasn't fallen again. Maybe I can give him a little push? He is quite wobbly on his feet, ergo the walker. ...

He is my 'employer' first and foremost. I was property caretaker for 16 years before it has moved into this new realm of 'personal caretaker'. He honestly believes he is 'paying' me well enough. Rent, electricity, water, sewage (septic), trash service.

He verbally thanks me for everything , I bring him his pills 'Thank you' he says, I bring him him his water/juice whatever I get a verbal thank you. And every meal I serve him he tells me is 'well done' - and that doesn't mean he is ordering his steak to be prepared 'well done'.

So there is a measure of appreciation.

Its kind of hard to get mad at the man when you have him on the floor and his main concern is not that he has broken a hip, cracked a rib or something but that he is 'sorry for being such a bother'.

He is a stoic man, apparently after his second spill he hurt his shoulder. Nurse asked him how much pain he is in on a scale of 1-10, and he reported a pain level of 8. He ain't complaining about it.

He is 34 years my senior, thus I get he is of another, older generation that was more frugal and more prone to be verbally nice and not complain.

I'm not really mad at him for getting sickly and needing the help. I'm more angry with his daughter and her husband and the way they are not doing for him and how hard they are pushing to throw him in a nursing home. I'm more angry at myself for not being more ___________(I don't know the word) and standing up for myself and demanding a bit more than just rent and utilities for all the work I have done.

I have started looking for other caretaker positions on the net - and I am seeing a few and most of them that are similar to the situation I had before I became a personal caretaker - not only are rent, electricity and the like paid for by the employer, they also pay money on top of that too! Granted these are paying something like $7.25 (minimum wage) an hour, but honestly if your rent, electricity, water, sewage and trash are covered that money is more than enough to live on. $1160 a month is a lot more money than most people have left over after paying rent and utilities.

So I'm a bit more horrified/angry at myself/________(another word I don't know) that for 16 years I have been given the short end of a stick and blissfully (ignorance is bliss) accepted it unaware I could be demanding money on top of rent/electricity/water/etc. and be well within my rights to want money on top of these things.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:He hasn't fallen again. Maybe I can give him a little push? He is quite wobbly on his feet, ergo the walker. ...

He is my 'employer' first and foremost. I was property caretaker for 16 years before it has moved into this new realm of 'personal caretaker'. He honestly believes he is 'paying' me well enough. Rent, electricity, water, sewage (septic), trash service.

He verbally thanks me for everything , I bring him his pills 'Thank you' he says, I bring him him his water/juice whatever I get a verbal thank you. And every meal I serve him he tells me is 'well done' - and that doesn't mean he is ordering his steak to be prepared 'well done'.

So there is a measure of appreciation.

Its kind of hard to get mad at the man when you have him on the floor and his main concern is not that he has broken a hip, cracked a rib or something but that he is 'sorry for being such a bother'.

He is a stoic man, apparently after his second spill he hurt his shoulder. Nurse asked him how much pain he is in on a scale of 1-10, and he reported a pain level of 8. He ain't complaining about it.

He is 34 years my senior, thus I get he is of another, older generation that was more frugal and more prone to be verbally nice and not complain.

I'm not really mad at him for getting sickly and needing the help. I'm more angry with his daughter and her husband and the way they are not doing for him and how hard they are pushing to throw him in a nursing home. I'm more angry at myself for not being more ___________(I don't know the word) and standing up for myself and demanding a bit more than just rent and utilities for all the work I have done.

I have started looking for other caretaker positions on the net - and I am seeing a few and most of them that are similar to the situation I had before I became a personal caretaker - not only are rent, electricity and the like paid for by the employer, they also pay money on top of that too! Granted these are paying something like $7.25 (minimum wage) an hour, but honestly if your rent, electricity, water, sewage and trash are covered that money is more than enough to live on. $1160 a month is a lot more money than most people have left over after paying rent and utilities.

So I'm a bit more horrified/angry at myself/________(another word I don't know) that for 16 years I have been given the short end of a stick and blissfully (ignorance is bliss) accepted it unaware I could be demanding money on top of rent/electricity/water/etc. and be well within my rights to want money on top of these things.

Well sweet. Have you had the chance to speak to the people with these openings, or even get some sort of interview? Details!!!

No... The majority have minor things like a need for a drivers license (they expect chauffeur service I assume), or want a non-smoker, or no pets. The one in Alaska is interesting, but I understand that Alaska is frozen half the year and the other half its covered in ice...

the jobs like that are pretty far and few between that I have been able to find.... I think Know Who is what is needed to find the better ones.