Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those three words.
I've been seeing this guy for almost 2 months and we just had our sixth date yesterday and I was wondering how long it takes for a guy to say that he loves you and how long it takes for the both of you to become monogamous/on-boyfriend-terms.

Smile

It's not as simple as that. It should happen organically. If you're still at the counting dates stage of things or just taking it slow then exclusivity is kind of a grey area. If you want to bring things forward, then you could maybe mention that you're not seeing anyone else. I, personally, would wait. When it's ready to happen it'll happen. In the meantime enjoy where you are and what you have with this man currently, the beginning of a relationship can only happen once...

I agree with Sox. Of course you can say the 3 magic words to him whenever you want but I wouldn't rush that either, you might frighten him off! If you have been together for 2 months, you have made a good start. Have you heard this joke?
Q: What does a lesbian bring with her on the first date?
A: Everything!
Your not a lesbian, are you?

Haha nice joke. I just say i love you to whoever says it first =)

Yeah I don't think I'll be telling him that I do... its just plain creepy. But I might slip him the fact that I'm only seeing one person, him, now.

But from experience, how long did it take?

I didn't say it to my present partner until months after he said it to me. I couldn't say it until I felt it. Such an imbalance does risk adding extra pressure.

Enjoy. Have fun.

I think now might not be a bad time to say "You know, I think you're fucking gorgeous!" Everyone likes to be flattered and it helps to convey good vibes. But we all seem to agree that the 3 little words are a bit heavy if they come to early.