Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threatening Homophobia
As a Canadian I have generally been pleased with how we, as citizens, respect others who are different from us. Then I saw this article in the news today: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/l...-1.2722381

Some might say it is the work of a misguided individual. I have to disagree, for there was considerable effort put in to writing this letter and then sending it. This is far more than gay bashing or anything else.

Its a sad day for me because I thought my fellow Canadians were better than this. I know we all have our foibles (heck, I reside in a city full of foible minded people), but still I expected better.

Conversely tho, it is also a good day for I now have one less location on my Canadian road trip bucket list. I try to visit what I refer to as classy locations, this one is not it. It may be an overreaction to one instance, but I am of the belief that there is a deeper (albeit silent) support for the views expressed in the letter.

That's horrifying. I hope nothing happens to them.

That is soo depressing. It seems like we go one step forward, three steps back.
Sorry that you're having to deal with that. I always thought Canada was more open minded and sensible.
Hope this isn't a trend...

Hopefully the letter writer is found because the person is a threat to everyone in the area. The person was either too filled with anger to think clearly or not that smart, because in writing that letter, the person has left some very good clues with handwriting analysis.

Canada has a population of 35 million (2012 google search) 1 idiot does not shame your fellow country men/women , its a terrible letter to send to anyone but its just one hateful person who deserves everything the law can throw at them..

copied from Wikipedia "Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Canada are some of the most advanced in the Americas and in the world" Smile now that's something to be proud of

think people think!!!

Fumb Duckers who do this type silly crap are cowards. They make threats as a means of attempting to get their ways...

A REAL threat would have been to tear down or set fire to the flag on the balcony or leave the note on the door step with a dead animal.....

I damned sure wouldn't have taken down my gay flag --- and enlisted the help of my friends,(gay and straight) to set up a highly conspicuous around the clock vigil to catch the creeps if they came back...

There's no such thing as a note writing homophobe brave enough to fuck with lesbians armed with hockey sticks and baseball bats!!!!!

PLUS... keeping up a conspicuous pissed off public presence is the best motivation for law enforcement to get off their butts and really find out who wrote the note. I'll bet $20 they have already pushed this to the bottom of the stack and have no intention of following up on it.

The sooner people accept the fact that Law Enforcement is not devoted to defending them the sooner they will learn to defend themselves.

Not thoroughly disgusted with my fellow canuckians, just sad and disappointed. Like I said, if there is 1 there there is an underbelly of discontent that will support them.

I live in an incredibly conservative part of the country (similar to the Tea Party in Texas), but they generally keep their mouths shut. We are, if nothing else, generally law abiding.

I would have no hesitation in proudly proclaiming my homosexualtiy - whether it is marching in a parade or flying a flag or whatever. I would not experience any repercussions except for that look of disgust from some. But as a lifelong bachelor over 50 I already get the look of disgust as if there was something wrong with me or I was a pedo.

However, there are those with only 3 or 4 brain cells that I fear. The ones who would not hesitate to beat you up simply because you are different to them. I like me - warts and all, and I avoid conflict and the like. So I quietly and rather discreetly proclaim my homosexuality in a manner that gets the attention of those I want it to and those I wish to avoid are not sophisticated enough to know what I am doing. So far it works.

well, one place I hope I won't get put in if I get the job I want in Canada (Which Is a caregiver) Ahh Canada, A place I'd much trather be than america... But I'm having trouble getting there TmT

You know, sometimes I just don't get our human race.

(from here "YOU" meaning the bashers)

It's like , seriously, don't you have a life or anything better to do than to bash. WTF !!
I don't get it. FIRST OF ALL, I don't even know you, so why are you in such an uproar over my life. When you don't even know my life?
I don't hang with you, I don't talk to you, I don't go out of my way to inform you of what I'm doing.
I don't interfere in your life what so ever.
SO WHAT'S YOUR F#*KIN DAMAGE!!!
This sh!t just pisses me off. I'm sorry Guys, (just venting)

That's sad but not really surprising. Those mentally and socially challenged exist in every nook and cranny and will collectively fart with every bowel movement.