Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Woods and Ray Charles
One night at a cocktail party, Tiger Woods turns to Ray Charles and says, "How's the singing career going?"

Ray replies, "Not too bad. How's the golf?"

Woods replies, "Not too bad, I've had some problems with my swing, but I think I've got that right, now."

Ray says, "I always find that when my swing goes wrong, I need to stop playing for a while and not think about it. Then, the next time I play, it seems to be all right."

Incredulous, Tiger says, "You play GOLF?"

Ray says, "Yes, I've been playing for years."

Tiger says, "But -- you're blind! How can you play golf if you can't see?"

Ray Charles replies, "Well, I get my caddy to stand in the middle of the fairway and call to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball towards him. Then, when I get to where the ball lands, the caddy moves to the green or farther down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice."

"But, how do you putt?" asks Tiger.

"Well," says Ray, "I get my caddy to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball toward his voice."

Tiger asks, "What's your handicap?"

Ray says, "Well, actually -- I'm a scratch golfer."

Woods, in dismay, says to Ray, "We've got to play a round sometime."

Ray replies, "Well, people don't take me seriouslyso I only play for money, and never play for less than $10,000 a hole. Is that a problem?"

Woods thinks about it and says, "I can afford that; OK, I'm game for that. $10,000 a hole is fine with me. When would you like to play?"

Ray Charles says: "Pick a night."
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Wow.... Today was the first day that I found Ray Charles was blind. He is still amazing with his awesome blusy-ness though!