Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TikTok's ties to CCP
I must admit I'm a fan of free speech and not a fan of many things that the Chinese Community Party does...everything from the concentration camps they have running (they call it re-education centers), the dismantling of the autonomy of Hong Kong and having their eyes set of "reuniting" with Taiwan.

I don't think nearly enough people have any idea that TikTok is owned by the Chinese company ByteDance who also runs the Chinese version of TikTok, Douyin. One of the things that strike me about both platforms is the proliferation of CCP propaganda...

This article touches on some of the concerns (censorship, CCP propaganda, national security, privacy and data collection...and pedaling false ad campaigns in elections)

https://www.vox.com/open-sourced/2019/12...estigation

I started this thread mainly over this video...

I don't use TikTok and don't plan to, but seeing there is a lot of CCP propaganda on these platforms and of course much more on Douyin. While I think most would agree that the propaganda is cringe worthy at best, some teenager who is impressionable might actually buy into this stuff. Teens are being bombarded with stuff on social media and a lot of things they come across they're being told what to buy, what to think and what to aspire to.

Just stuff that might become an issue even though it currently isn't one and might not seem like it would.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!