Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Wasters In Dating Sites
Here is my story: I met Mark in this gayspeak site in February this year. We nearly chatted everyday. It has been half a year, and we still do. although we lived far away, I am in China and he is in Europe. We never met in reality, I mean no body contacts. But we are still cool. Not everybody are looking for sex. some are looking for soulmate. well i have to say that no sex, no body contacts is kinda hard for gay guys to keep in touch. But it is not impossible.

Keith Wrote:Here is my story: I met Mark in this gayspeak site in February this year. We nearly chatted everyday. It has been half a year, and we still do. although we lived far away, I am in China and he is in Europe. We never met in reality, I mean no body contacts. But we are still cool. Not everybody are looking for sex. some are looking for soulmate. well i have to say that no sex, no body contacts is kinda hard for gay guys to keep in touch. But it is not impossible.

Keith, sex is 1/8 of what a real relationship is. When I first met Jake, we would have sex each and every time we meet, through the years, we started distancing our sexual encounter and I started to learn more about him, beside his big cock and sexual skills, Jake is a very intelligent, smart and talented individual who cares a lot about others. Seeing him helping other make me more horny than seeing him naked. Don't get me wrong, he's awesome naked, but I've learned to walk away from the sex conundrum and when we do have sex it's extremely powerful, much more than when we were just "fucking".

Will: The thing about the internet is that people often present themselves as the person that they'd like to be, and not who they really are. We have an acquaintance who's not particularly physically attractive and is very shy. He doesn't get much attention from guys IRL, so went on a couple dating sites. He was having a great time chatting and flirting and even getting into some cyber sex encounters. The only problem was, the pictures he posted were of Adam, not of himself. So of course he wasn't going to actually go and meet any of these guys, no matter what he said. He was using them to boost his own ego.

Adam found out accidentally, through another person, and he was extremely pissed off. So the guy took those pictures down, but I heard later that he resurfaced with yet another set of bogus pics.

I think that if a guy says he wants to meet but something always seems to come up, be wary. This guy might be an extreme case, but there are a lot of weird people out there.

OMG at using someone else's photo. Although I don't know why I'm that surprised, Ive had guys using photos that are 5-10 yrs old, that's quite common.

I once had a guy who I met IRL who was convinced that we were dating after the grand total of three chats and one telephone conversation (I tend to like to meet them IRL quite quickly so that that way you can suss out if there's anything there).

He then got very aggressive when I told him (politely) that he was a nice guy but for me it was a platonic relationship but then he was a nice guy, I'd like to see him as friends etc.. He then proceeded to send abusive texts and phone message for 10 days.....

that said, I have met some lovely guys online - very few of them have been anything other than friends - but I think the point is to use internet dating to supplement meeting people "in real life". I think a lot of pepole use it as a replacement to joining a sports club or cinema group or something like that.

ok... although I'm joining in the conversation slightly late, I hope my story helps some of you lovely lot!

@ArthurBallsack: Clearly you are exasperated by these time wasters (of whichever kind they might be - btw great list @OlderButWiser!) I know how infuriating they can be, even more so for those of us that use these sites in the hope of meeting the right person, or at least, to meet a few odd balls that might keep us entertained and teach us a thing or two, meanwhile the "right one" arrives. However, let me be perfectly clear here when I say that these sites actually work and they work DAMN well! at least for me they did.

I started exploring my sexual orientation as a teenager stuck in my family's ranch in the middle of nowhere (about 8 hours drive from the nearest village and about 13 to the nearest city) and indeed I was (then) one of those time-wasters that needed the sense of belonging by chat or forums with other gays (as I knew I wasn't alone anymore) but being a teenager back then, I couldn't possibly travel to meet many guys, at least not immediately after our chatting sessions.

I remember I used to plan a few dates with different guys on the occasions when my mum or dad had a trip plan to the city and IT WAS BRILLIANT!!! I used to schedule two or three quick dates for the first day in the city and take it from there with the guy I clicked the most... Most of them city boys wanted to have sex straight away, I guess due to my naivety they were pretty much forced to take me out on normal dates (like breeders do) and let it flow from there.

When I finally relocated to the city (to go to Uni) things went very smoothly indeed, although there were a good deal of time-wasters, fakes, closeted gays and even married men throughout the entire time; I also managed to have regular dates, met nice guys often and eventually started a few short lived relationships with other guys through these websites.

As the years rolled on, I also got to the point in which I was open for anything, and I mean it! I had raunchy sex with strangers, went to orgies and that type of thing... which was also quite interesting on it's own right.

Anyways, eventually, after years or chat, Skype, drinks, one-night-stands, on and off dating, and right down pig sex... I came across the profile of a guy that didn't show his face... didn't pay attention to him to start with (way too busy dating other guys with "proper profiles") so I took it easy with the lad, eventually he sent me his face-pic and WHAT A FACE HE HAD.

So a Tuesday evening we were both chatting and decided to meet up, I proposed on a nice square downtown, we both showed up, he seemed fine so I went with him to his flat, he dragged out a delicious bottle of port to go with a lovely cheese board his mom gave him a week ago (so sweet) we both got smashed, played songs on youtube to eachother and talked until the sun came up, he called in sick that morning and asked me if I wanted to sleep over (as it was a snowy morning) so I agreed and we both cuddled/slept until midday fully clothed... and well... I haven't done any online dating since that 03 Jan 2010.

I have to be honest: I met an amazing person thanks to Grindr, he lives in Manchester (far from where I live) and soon I'll pay him a visit because the time I spent with him was so great that I want to spend more. Of course, it was pure luck because most of the time I run into creeps and weirdos.

Alex Wrote:Keith, sex is 1/8 of what a real relationship is.

Says the man who's avatar shows at least half his butt.

Mind a very nice butt, one that most likely needs closer inspection and a bit of attention.....

.....Excuse me my mind wandered - I forgot my point.:tongue:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Says the man who's avatar shows at least half his butt.

Mind a very nice butt, one that most likely needs closer inspection and a bit of attention.....

.....Excuse me my mind wandered - I forgot my point.:tongue:

Actually that's me lol... Thank you BA lol. I have Alex as avatar and he has me Smile I know totally Cliche, but we can't always be serious damn it LOL.

Goodness. Its a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!

It's all good, love you you guys like family, and of course that includes Mary, she is amazing, great family Jake
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]