Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a Bake Sale
I am in a fundraising mood this morning after just reading that some of the right wing conservative Christians want to leave the country so they don't get spanked by God" for allowing gay marriage.....

Truth is...I don't want them to get "spanked" either (ewww...we might all have to watch :eekSmile so my heart goes out to them...and my wallet is open. Anyone care to help me raise money for their plane tickets outta here? A Bake Sale perhaps?

Right-Wing Activist: Flee America Before Gay Marriage Causes God To Destroy Us Submitted by Brian Tashman on Monday, 3/9/2015 12:55 pm On Thursday, End Times broadcaster Rick Wiles invited John Price, a onetime failed Republican Senate candidate from Indiana and author of “The End of America,” to discuss his decision to move to Costa Rica three years ago in order to follow God’s call to “flee from the daughter of Babylon and not stay and participant in her sins and not be around when the nation is destroyed.” Price told Wiles that other Americans should consider leaving the U.S., which he said is “truly is the daughter of Babylon” as a result of the upcoming Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage. “For Christians, there’s a really major troublesome thing coming and it’s going to be set loose on the country sometime between now and the end of June,” he said, predicting that the Supreme Court will “prohibit any state from establishing the parameters of marriage” and make “same-sex marriage the law of the land.” -

See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ri...PGvYY.dpuf

Well, I'll bake cookies...but at the same time, what did Costa Rica do to deserve getting all of America's right wing religious trash dumped on it?

Good point! My lover's parents moved to Costa Rica... as did his sister ...many years ago...and we now have two beautiful nieces ...one is almost through with med school and becoming a doctor...how time flies...they all still live in CR

I say we bake just a tad more...and help send them to Uganda.... since they helped craft a place that they would truly feel at home in. Maybe we can even trade...one Ugandan gay person gets a ticket out for every right wing fucktard that arrives...a win/win....

Meh. They are their own punishment. Every day I praise Jesus I'm NOT one of those tiny minded hypocrites. Let them eat cake, or their own children, which is exactly what they do.

Maybe they can pray up the tickets since so many believe one can pray away the gay?

Look, bake sales are great, but I would rather see the money go to something more important, like IDK researching how many angels can dance on the head of a pin - you know something worthwhile and deserving of charity.

These people make my blood boil! Just imagine how many are suffering from high blood pressure after listening to such idiots. They should all be incarcerated for contributing to the high cost of health care.
I bid NO Trump!

This fear of churches being forced to marry gay couples is unfounded and fear mongering. Despite the 1967 Loving v Virginia case, a church can still refuse to marry an interracial couple. It would be rare you would find one that would do it, because the publicity would be so bad. Although marital status is a part of the Civil Rights Act, a church can still refuse to marry a couple where one or both are divorced. Despite the Civil Rights Act, a church is still free to not hire or appoint women in certain positions. This is because they have a religious exemption. They might try to scare you about how an Elvis Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas can't refuse to marry a gay couple or a couple where someone was divorced, but an Elvis Wedding Chapel is a business, not a church. They can't claim a religious exemption.

The real reason they say this "we're gonna leave the country" crap is hoping to make supporters of marriage equality change their minds. Like any of us would actually stop them. If they really want to move, maybe I have a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond so they purchase some luggage and maybe I can find a nice Dream Act family to move into the house they are leaving. I suggest they go to Russia. The current political climate seems to be made for them.

East Wrote:I am in a fundraising mood this morning after just reading that some of the right wing conservative Christians want to leave the country so they don't get spanked by God" for allowing gay marriage.....

where do they think they can go to? EU has legalized gay marriage long time ago (except ITALY, grrrr). Australia is out of the equation. they can't go to Muslim countries because of...well, religion. lol. Russia, then? Africa? China? Mars?

PS. don't send them to Europe. we don't want them. and they won't survive in this environment for long.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:where do they think they can go to? EU has legalized gay marriage long time ago (except ITALY, grrrr). Australia is out of the equation. they can't go to Muslim countries because of...well, religion. lol. Russia, then? Africa? China? Mars?

PS. don't send them to Europe. we don't want them. and they won't survive in this environment for long.

Good question. I believe South America would be the best place - perhaps Mexico would be good for them, for often enough these sorts also have big issues with 'illegal immigrants' or what they call 'Mexicans' (since of course only Mexicans can immigrate illegally) Rolleyes

"PS. don't send them to Europe. we don't want them. and they won't survive in this environment for long. "

Interesting comment Meridannight. I think you are right. Could you give us a rundown of the characteristics of the environment of which you speak? Seems to me that we in the US particularly forget that Europe is indeed a different set of attitudes.
I bid NO Trump!