Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiny House and Movin' out of state!
Hello friends! I haven't been around in a while....anyway.

So my boyfriend and I decided to build a house. Hah! But no really, you guys heard of those Tumbleweed Tiny Houses? Yeah, we're going to build one. Not one on wheels, one of the bigger cottages. Actually we're going for the medium sized three bedroom because we plan to be there for a long time and wanna make sure there's room for babies heh and we know how people who know carpentry, electric, and plumbing so we can save some money while having a professional job done.

So our plan is to buy a little plot of land somewhere next to the water. I want to live on a beach but that's super expensive. So we kinda thought about Michigan, it's close to a lot of family and there's..well water. We've found some cool plots of land for super cheap. We don't plan on actually starting to buy land and stuff for probably a year or two minimum, but we're looking at what areas have what prices so we know at least what to be saving for.

We've been set on Michigan but neither of us have been there before. I want to live next to water and where I can be outside a lot. I've been told southern Michigan is really rainy so I don't know. I've also been told that it's kinda cold. I want to live somewhere warm and beachy but unless we get lucky we'll have to settle for pretty warm and watery. We've found a few plots in Eureka, California that are pretty cheap, so we might keep that in mind in case we find a cheap plot when it comes time to buy but I've heard it's really hard to find jobs there.

So what I want to know from all the people who live somewhere else than me, where should we live?

And if anyone who knows stuff about building houses has any useful tips or pointers that would be cool too. Smile

I would so LOVE to build my own place!

Unfortunately land is so expensive in the UK thats probably never going to happen.

Lucky you!

ObW
X

Can you insulate a Tumbleweed Tiny House enough to deal with the Michigan weather? It gets COLD up there and the snow is not just a dusting.

How is the employment and income picture?

How is the social climate? The upper midwest can be strangely open minded or downright insular, depending on location.
I bid NO Trump!