Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titanic..... Nearly 100 years on
Halifax in Nova Scotia is expecting a tourism spike because a lot (almost all of the ones that weren't buried at sea) of the recovered bodies are buried in graveyards throughout the city.

Hello,
I think with topdays technology they could raise it quite considerably and possibly use it as a muesum and charge an entrance fee which would go towards some sort of charity to do with world wide investment into boats and teachings or even into maybe lifeguards something that can help protect and enhance the living.. The cost of various things has a massive impact on funds and avalible resources. With regards to the family getting the treasure and belongings back to be honest I know in my opinion they wont ever find out who actually belonged to who so if possible why not melt down things like gold and use the money from that to start up the chairty...
Now with the film titanic it is completely different to the documentary on ITV sunday evenings and if you havent seen it and can get ITV.COM to watch it try to understand the real factors of it... This program is based on actual evidence given by surviviors in 1912 and the endurance they had on board the titanic. The boat sunk about 2 1/2 miles to the seabed and i doubt it will be long before it is lifted but once lifted where does it go to that would be the next questions as it was developed in Ireland and liverpool - england but had alot of american/irish passangers....

hmmmm tricky!

Kindest regards

zeon x

Raising the Titanic in my mind is no different than taking a shovel to the local cemetery and start digging up the boxes to see what one can find.

Selling off those artifacts... Ghoulish.

Most of the Titanic Survivors lost a direct loved one that night. They lived on to pass on that loss to their family who now carry that loss. Granted there is about a century of time distance, but still its 'too soon'.

I fail to understand the fascination of the Titanic. While it is a thing of historical curiosity, I find it a bit ghoulish how some people carry on about it. I even found the movie with Rose and her lover BF/Husband to be triangle to be a bit disrespectful of one of the most well known tragedies of the 20th Century. This movie myth has now been incorporated as 'fact' in the minds of many of the true events and real people who were on that vessel.

Thankfully we do not have the technology to raise the wreck of the Titanic. I do applaud the laws written to protect it and its artifacts of grave robbers. Let her and her crew and all hands aboard rest in peace, they earned that.