Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To SadSilence
So nice to know you are doing okay, SadSilence Bighug I think MidgetGem could use some time offline like you had Smile So that it would be easier for him not to work 24/7...

What kind of dance competition? Did she enjoy it? Or was she a nervous wreck? :biggrin: You all traveled together? Your parents, your sister and you? How was it (I don't mean the motion sickness) :biggrin: Or do your family has no problems to get along during a long car-drive?

What about music or listening to recored books during long travel? I know reading is out of question, but maybe listening would be a good distraction.

How does it make you feel that your father sort of prevents you from cutting? Is it getting easier over the time to fight the urge?

My friend talked to a therapist about the cutting. It's the therapist's specialization as far as I know. According to her anything that distracts you from the thoughts is good. Gym, video games, chatting with friends, writing, relaxation techniques, whatever works for you.
She offered other ways of release that won't do damage to your skin. The rubber band that you put on your wrists (I believe Rainbowmum also mentioned it), or piece of ice that you hold against your skin for some time. Or erasing your skin with eraser, drawing on your body in red marker or cutting something other than your body. She offered a piece of fruit or even a pillow.

If you want me to ask her anything, please let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Silence checked in Today/night http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=164069#post164069

No Nothing from Slayer for a while. I've been wondering too.

hello,
I am glad you are ok sad slience. Take on board the advice i posted in the other thread because my next goal along with the forum is to try to help you cope in a way without self harming.. I understand that self harming has a saying Pain covers Pain as you transpher the pain inside and put it on the outside.. Instead of your father checking you for cuts why doesnt he just give you a damn cuddle and say you know what... Your still me son mister your still a part of me and to be honest whether your gay or not ill be dead proud of ya and support you like a father should do...

Instead of him dismissing it he could always invite you out for father son time away from the house and away from the people around you and just have a chat with you on a neutral level... I feel that the fact he is checking is a sign at least someone there cares for you... If anyone puts ya down in future for being gay just remember.... What made them hetrosexual is also the same thing that made you homosexual and it isnt a sin, it isnt a crime and it isnt a disease... It is a walk of life that many many people in generations gone by and generations to come have to live in... Its not always an easy walk of life but thats because people are mis understood in their ways whether it be caused by religion, society or influence from others sadly its easier to find a negative at times than a positive and within time ill see your sad emotion turn to one of a happier moment....

In life there is only so much shit someone can be put through before the shit runs out and the green grass from the dark forest is seen revealing an open vast area and it may seem a long way away for ya but one thing i can say is its not that far.... Coming here was a way to shed half the journey...

Big hugz

Aunty zeon x

Welcome back Sadsilence nice to know you at least had some fun there, Jim
Slayer just got a new puppy, seems to be doing well, still posts on a social site, let's give him some space, let him return when he thinks it's time, peace, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:Welcome back Sadsilence nice to know you at least had some fun there, Jim
Slayer just got a new puppy, seems to be doing well, still posts on a social site, let's give him some space, let him return when he thinks it's time, peace, Jim

good, I'm glad he's doing better as well.

James Wrote:Welcome back Sadsilence nice to know you at least had some fun there, Jim

Slayer is lovely, I have a soft spot for him, he seem so geniune and gorgeous. Let him know he has all the space he needs and we respect that, but will be looking forward to seeing him back.

Slipknot is another member I miss a lot too, He is also adorable, but I have him in Facebook and we send messages to each other, so I know Ryan is doing alright Wink