Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all of you
I want to wish everyone a happy holiday! Also, what holiday (if any), do you celebrate?
I am a Christmas person myself.

Thanks for the thought...

if given a choice, I would by pass all Holidays...besides, it's weird how the xmas standards tend to be advertised here in the southern hemisphere....quite frankly, we are in summer, I don't see the point in advertising reindeers, Frosty's etc..

a lot of folks here will receive your message with much appreciation

Christmas. Food and judgmental family! What could go wrong! Answer: Everything. Tongue

Happy Christmas to you too gurl!

I agree with Marzy though, many of us outside of the range of "Winter", tend to not really get into it as much as the colder places might.

I mean god, we only put up lights and get presents basically xD

But here, we also Celebrate Kwanzaa as many other Islands of the African Diaspora do(and in America as well in some places I think). I actually used to celebrate it when I was younger, but differences in beliefs from America/Europe kinda just over powered it with Christmas, so it's not as prevalent, but alot of people still do.

I remember all my Swahili words! It's so exciting.

Umoja (Unity)
Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility)
Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics)
Nia (Purpose)
Kuumba (Creativity)
Imani (Faith)

Which are like the seven principles of Kwanzaa. Omg I loved saying "Kuumba" cause I'd really be silly and be like "KuumBA" and stuff xD

We learned in a class we called Ashay, which is the principle of Reciprocity, or "What goes around comes around"

And also something to do with Corn, I can't quite remember the significance, and a Mat that you have to sit on.

Now we just celebrate boring ol' Christmas xD ... and it doesn't even fit our lifestyle, because we have no Chimneys, Winter, Reindeer or Pine Trees xD

Thanks Colonization :p

Happy holidays...but you can keep the Christmas music :p

Miles Wrote:Happy holidays...but you can keep the Christmas music :p

K here you go, this is what's on the radio right now. Very Christmasy

I just celebrate a family holiday.

I say: "Merry Christmas" because that's what most people want me to say, but away from friends and family I just consider the occassion a holiday, which is actually perfectly accurate when you think about it.

Hmm...Let's all just say:

Merry Everything!

I have never really gotten into holidays, even when I was little. I was made to celebrate them.
I went along for holiday stuff when my granny was still alive. But after she passed, no reason for me to give a shit. Especially with all the hypocrites, two-faced liars, cheats, thieves, and psycho's out there ready to kill you dead (literally) over a piece of fucking plastic crap.

I like Cmas decor and a couple of songs, and some of the old tv shows, but thats about it.
Could not care less about the rest of the crap.

But I found a video on YT I like.....

However it's funny, why is a holiday that's so popular, so disliked?

I myself find it okay, it doesn't fit the lifestyle here, but it's whatever. But I see people from where it get's ice cold, where it should fit the mould, completely trash Christmas for filth :O .

Is there something I'm missing?

I do celebrate Christmas.....but Christmas without snow is not real ChristmasCry