Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those who cheat/been cheated on
You like asking tough questions, Kylecburke. I am old and believe guys must be supportive of each other even if it hurts or causes guilt. Until I was 8 my best friend was Tommy Mullins. We both had to move when they tore down the tenement we lived in. For a year I thought about Tommy every day wondering what he was up to. I guess I forgot Tommy. Suddenly, in the 8th grade I heard Tommy was dying of leukemia. I was overwhelmed by guilt. How could I have forgotten Tommy? I tried to get to the hospital but he died. I went to Tommy's funeral and apologized to his family for forgetting about Tommy. I told them I remembered Tommy and wanted God not to forget that. His family was very pleased I came to the wake. I told his corpse I was sorry and continued with my life. I am glad I remember old friends who have died. It is the supportive thing to do.

What I am trying to say is the guy who cheated on you worth your forgiveness. Are you worth forgiving? No one can answer except you. I am still madly in love with a guy who died 14 years ago. We cheated on each other for years at a time. Somehow every time we heard each other's voice, we would start to laugh and talk of the weird things we did. Even when he was dying I loved to wrap my body around his. I didn't care that we didn't get hard any more. I liked him soft or hard. Old or young. We were so incredibly supportive of each other. We shook hands at one point and promised to spend eternity in heaven together. I grin at the thought of that. I want every one of my friends to meet each other in heaven. I am certain they will like each other.

By the way, Burke is a great fenian name. I have no apostrophes among my relatives. Think about it. You might be a pagan like me deep down inside. We are supposed to forgive and leave them laughing whenever we can. Forgiveness feels great. Anger hurts and leads to hate. I avoid hate like a plague. I am talented at hating people and constantly try to cure myself by remembering to forgive myself. I am not perfect that's for sure. I have committed my full quota of sins and I want to be able to forgive myself at judgment.

Please remember, it is your decision to forgive or retain sins. If someone takes that right from you, they are stealing your free will. Lose your free will, you lose your humanity. GOOD LUCK

I have never cheated , but like BA and East I cannot promise that I won't.
Who knows what the future may bring.

I have been cheated on by an ex , I nearly drove both of us crazy with questions.
It hurt , not the cheating act , that is human , the lie hurt the most.

kylecburke Wrote:This is a good way of putting your perspective, you present it in a very understanding way despite your own experiences. Great awareness and I feel you really gave me a mature response. As for your own darkness that you overcame...was that due to someone cheating on you? How did you rise above it?

I rose above it by having a big think and creating a motto for my new partner which i did use

You are my partner not my possession.. I dont own you control you or tell you what to do however the only thing i ask is for mutual respect... I want honesty and if you do something you shouldnt be honest because if i find out from third party with evidence.... Your brown bread!