Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Young for White Hair
Well, as the title says it my hair started to turn white. Some strands of hair have completely turned silver. I'm too young to have silver hair I'm not even done with High School. It is very noticeable since my hair is naturally pitch black. I've thought of dyeing it but Im still reluctant about the idea. I've been told that its because I have too much stress but I don't know any way to relief the stress. I don't think stress is the problem I do have a little stress but not enough to change my hair color. Sometimes I burst out in anger or feel really sleepy or tired. Do you guys have any ideas of how to relief stress? (Besides Masturbation) Should I dye it? Is there anything to help stop the process.

Well....I don't know how old you are so I am assuming you are really young? As in under 30?

If I am right...here is the gig....The guys I know who turned silver under 30 were not only sexy but they look alot younger than other guys their same age as they grew older. I am not sure why but it is really obvious...I am thinking about 6 different guys I know and all of them look way younger than other people their age and they all turned silver really early...so you might have a blessing instead of a curse on your handsWink. Just sayin'Wink

A month ago before my hair started going silver I did had the crazy idea to turn my hair white since most of my clothes is White, Gray, Black or a dark colors BUT Im not emo.......... -.- Most of the people at my school think I am but Im not I just like these colors I mean Im the Happy Go Lucky type or most people have told me I am, anyways Im going off track.......... that reminds me I need to go buy some iced coffee....... wait how does that reminds me of iced coffee I need to stop mumbling ANYWAYS (again) Apparently my wish is granted and maybe you're right and it might be something good

Dye it all silver. You'd be super sexier.

I'm 22 and I've noticed I have a few grey hairs which is probably due to stress, but I just pull them out with tweezers.

Since you have black hair (like me) I'd just dye it black, it's easy to do since you don't have to try different colors like people with lighter hair do. "Dying" it white would require bleaching your hair, and bleach is very harsh on your hair whereas plain black dye isn't .
Nothing in modern science will stop grayness, though there is treatment for baldness (Proscar/Propecia) a prostate shrinking drug and of course Rogaine.
I'm skeptical about the supposed link between stress and gray hair. Since I'm the most anxious person I know, and I don't have a single gray hair.
I do have formerly severe (now moderate) generalized Anxiety disorder and rarely panic attacks. That's clinical speak for being anxious all the time for no particular reason and occasionally freaking out. To be honest the only things that are effective for me are tranquilizers, the powerful ones related to Valium. My favorites are Klonopin (clonazepam) a long acting drug, take it once or twice a day, and Xanax (alprazolam) a fast-working and short acting drug for sudden bursts of anxiety. Some people with milder anxiety are able to benefit from milder anti-depressants like Prozac. Contrary to popular belief, tranquilizers are not addictive, they can however cause dependence, meaning your doctor has to gradually reduce your dose and stopping suddenly will lead to [U]terrible things[U] (but the same is true of blood-pressure medicine)
Therapy also works in the long run, but it's very hard to find a good competent psychiatrist or therapist.
Note: I use the terms nervous and anxious interchangeably.
I think all you have to do is dye your hair, IMO.

Hi Dreamer,

I don't think stress can be made responsible for it unconditionally. I believe it can be also genetic or due to your health condition.
I would say, let it be. Short black hair with silver looks really good, you know.

If you choose to dye it, read as many review and posts on boards, as you can. Silver hair is different than other hair, it's structure is different. Many hair-dyes have problems to color silver hair.

Also, follow the instruction and test it before use. Usually the test is done on your forearm and you are supposed to wait day or two. Nasty things happen to some of my friends due to an allergy. And I am not talking just about irritated skin.

I would say, let it be and embrace it. I have Wink

I know how you feel Dreamer, I started losing my hair my senior year of high school. I got a Jason Statham look going on now. I just kind of excepted it though, yes I do some times try hair growth products and yes I really would like for my hair to grow back but if not then I'm fine with that too.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

white hair is sexy. Its like a lot of things mostly genetics

And this has some good answers or you can just Google it too
http://www.dailyglow.com/askquestion/way...-white-hai

Have you considered chance of vitiligo? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo