Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traditional Razor or Electric Shaver?
Smurlos Wrote:All my life I've always used an electric razor. I guess no body showed me how to use a traditional razor and I was afraid of cutting my neck over, plus I got an electric one for xmas when I was 13 or something, so I decided to stick with it.

I never had a father to teach me how to shave, not saying you haven't, I have always had a wet shave, I remember when I was younger I was awful, I guess practise makes perfect. I always shave in the bath though (does anyone else do that) I just find it better than at the sink.
I tried dry shaving but just never found it as close.......
Gillette Mach 3 I use as well.
Always moisturise after rather than use aftershave (unless going to a posh do)

Confusedmile:

I use a wet shave, usually do it when I'm in the shower

I use gillete sensitive skin foam/gel and sometimes Nivea baslm but although its very soothing it quite greasy and I find it brings me up in spots if I use it more than once a week or so.

Saying that at he moent ive not shaved for about a week so ive got a LOT of stubble going on lol

6 months on lol!

I only wet shave I tried using an electric razor but that brings on loads and loads of spots. I use the Mach 3 but I'm very tempted to get the gillette fusion stealth lol!

sweetlad86 Wrote:gillette fusion stealth lol!

not sure about the stealth part but the fusion is amazing! Just got a sample of the new Schick Quattro Titanium Trimmer. Usually hate Schick but they finally figured a way to get the hair out of their blades... The little trimmer is really great. I would recommend it just for that part.

Just rediscovered the joys of using a shaving brush with special shaving soap... much better than the canned shit and the brush feels so great on the skin. Think I got my grandfathers brush... it is only half full, probably more than 50 years old... but it still works great!

I wet shave with the mach fusion. Couldnt imagine going back to the mach 3. This isnt an advert lol.

i use the eltctric one becase incase i got cut.i dont shave everyday just sometimes

fjp999 Wrote:not sure about the stealth part

Well its the same as the normal one but black lol!

My first shave was with a truly old fashioned straight razor, which my dad taught me how to use. It's by far the best shave I've ever had. However it takes an inordiante amount of time, and it requires a great degree of care and skill to pull off which means of course it's not all that practical for everyday use. I don't do it anymore, I use a gillette Mach III these days, both for my face and head. It's a good razor but it clgos up a lot which annoys me a lot. Other than that it's good though.

I've all was wanted to try an old fashioned straight razor, but I have got the balls to try one lol!