Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel :)
I would't mind meeting up with someone on this site to travel to Iceland or somewhere cool, if we were friends for months and skyped and spoke on the phone I totally would not mind. How do you all feel about that?

I'll go with you.... But you'll have to give me a couple minutes to put my husband back into the basement and get him chained-up good and tight (smile)..

Just kidding.........

Hope you find someone nice to go on this adventure with.

Best Wishes,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Sounds like a great adventure!!

I hope someone takes you up on this.

Rareboy Wrote:Sounds like a great adventure!!

I hope someone takes you up on this.
I know, right? I hope some of you young 20 somethings take the opportunity to go adventuring NOW… it generally gets more difficult as you get older.

Maybe I worded it wrong. I'm not inviting you all to adventure with me lol I'm saying would you all go on an adventure with a stranger that you met on a blog. I wouldn't mind it if I knew the person and go to know them for a couple of months lol

i would want to meet them in person before embarking on any journey with them together. it's okay if we first met online, that's not a problem, but i need to meet them in person to know who they are. i need the physical impression, it makes up about 90% of a person's identity. i can't understand what a person is like from online interaction only. sitting down and talking to a guy for 2 hours, for example, tells me vastly more about him than 2 years on the internet. so, no, i would not go traveling with anyone i haven't met in person.

and, by the way, in your OP you did word it in a way as if you were asking members here to go traveling with you.

Well,,,, I'd prefer to go with a complete stranger who doesn't know anything about me. There's less chance of my husband finding out (smile)......... <fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>
We Have Elvis !!

It depends on who is supposed to lay out the cabbage for the adventure. If someone wants to go and expects me to pay for it, they'll be sitting on their ass in front of the computer looking at pictures of the places they want to go.

lonelyloser93 Wrote:Maybe I worded it wrong. I'm not inviting you all to adventure with me lol I'm saying would you all go on an adventure with a stranger that you met on a blog. I wouldn't mind it if I knew the person and go to know them for a couple of months lol

I already suspect that if I were able that I would enjoy travelling with someone like you who is thinking about this type of adventure. Since I can tolerate just about anything when I'm traveling....I know that nothing much would faze. As long as cocktails are served at 5pm.

But yes...I suppose we'd have to correspond first.

I wouldn't need to meet you, though. Over the years the people I've enjoyed on our travels are those we'd never met before. Some of them have become lifelong friends!

Awesome lol Im so happy Im getting so much comments on these posts. They keep me busy.

@meridan You're right, but would Skype suffice or would you have to meet that stranger in person.

@jimcrack Catsmiley

@lycan I think it would be a situation were you pay for yourself and the other person pays for themselves lol.
[MENTION=21495]Rareboy[/MENTION] maybe we can go on an adventure sometime haha gin and tonic is always nice at 5pm lol.