Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel :)
OlderButWiser Wrote:Well first off Iceland wouldn't be at the top of my list of places to visit. Too dam cold lol.

There are sections on gumtree and Craigslist that are specifically for travel and people looking for travel partners, have a look there or post an ad, especially if you want to go somewhere that's not mainstream.

I'd encourage it, as long as you have a sensible head, plan your itinerary in advance and keep a blog giving friends and family regular updates on your adventure.

The thing that really pisses me off when trying to arrange a holiday are the additional cost surcharges if your travelling alone. Here's an example. I really want to take a cruise, on a big ship. Not round the world stuff just a 10-14 day cruise around the med or something. My partner has zero interest in going and has encouraged me to go myself if I want, and I don't have an issue with that.

But try and find a cruise ship willing to take a single cruiser at a reasonable cost? Forget it.

Cruise cost for 2 - £2500
Cruise cost for 1 - £2500

I'd rather find someone, pay the £2500 for both of us and at least feel like I'm getting my money's worth!

A vacation trip is definitely more fun if you have someone to share the experience with.

Good luck I say ��

Maybe one day I'll find my guy or at least an awesome friend who wants to travel around the world with me. And maybe your guy will liven things up by wanting to travel Smile All the group on deals are for twooooooo

lonelyloser93 Wrote:I thought about doing the solo adventure in coast rica. Sounds relaxing Smile

No way I'm going to Costa Rica this summer haha Smile not alone though, but with some volunteering organisation.
Last year I travelled through Scotland on my own and I loved being able to do whatever I wanted, walking around in museums as long/short as I felt like, going back to my room and just sleep when I was tired, haha I loved it. The only thing that is still making me nervous about going alone is dinner time.. Something makes me really self-conscious about having dinner on my own, but I'm going to Venice for a few days and I'll just see if I can work on that Smile

lonelyloser93 Wrote:I would't mind meeting up with someone on this site to travel to Iceland or somewhere cool, if we were friends for months and skyped and spoke on the phone I totally would not mind. How do you all feel about that?

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]ICELAND????
Yeah I guess it's a cool place
But going there aint cool.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]
have you got something against beaches?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

i'm looking for a partner to participate in the Dakar Rally with.

Cinestry Wrote:No way I'm going to Costa Rica this summer haha Smile not alone though, but with some volunteering organisation.
Last year I travelled through Scotland on my own and I loved being able to do whatever I wanted, walking around in museums as long/short as I felt like, going back to my room and just sleep when I was tired, haha I loved it. The only thing that is still making me nervous about going alone is dinner time.. Something makes me really self-conscious about having dinner on my own, but I'm going to Venice for a few days and I'll just see if I can work on that Smile

That sounds so awesome and relaxing. But it sucks for someone who does not already have friends. I'm alone enough already lol. But I'd deff do the costa rica thing solo because you go with a big group regardless.

meridannight Wrote:i'm looking for a partner to participate in the Dakar Rally with.
A race in the desert basically? lol Are you participating in the racing or watching?

Virge Wrote:[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]ICELAND????
Yeah I guess it's a cool place
But going there aint cool.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]
have you got something against beaches?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nah Just living by one for about 21 years gets you a little over it lol.

lonelyloser93 Wrote:A race in the desert basically? lol Are you participating in the racing or watching?

it's an off-road race on various rough terrain, desert included. i meant participating, of course. i'm not decided yet if i want to do it alone (on a bike) or partnering up with someone. both have their appeal.

Wellll I too misinterpreted your original post as you wanted to take a GS member with you Tongue.
You know, there is always the option to take us all!!!! ;P
It would be an interesting trip to say the least! Big Grin