Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel :)
lonelyloser93 Wrote:@meridan You're right, but would Skype suffice or would you have to meet that stranger in person.

i'd need to meet them in person, physically.

@meridan Have you had a bad experience meeting someone online? This might be a stupid question but do a lot of men use Grindr and apps like that in Italy?

I only want to travel with someone I know and Like. They are a major part of the trip, since you spend so much time together. If you were not compatible, imagine how terrible the trip would be.

meridannight Wrote:i'd need to meet them in person, physically.

I agree. I like to meet them in person. Maybe cos I'm getting old (and possibly wiser)

Good idea though [MENTION=22254]lonelyloser93[/MENTION], travelling to explore the world. Pick someone you get on with or else you'll be stuck with someone for a while......

ck86 Wrote:I agree. I like to meet them in person. Maybe cos I'm getting old (and possibly wiser)

Good idea though [MENTION=22254]lonelyloser93[/MENTION], travelling to explore the world. Pick someone you get on with or else you'll be stuck with someone for a while......

True. lol. Maybe even go with someone I'm dating sounds exciting

lonelyloser93 Wrote:@meridan Have you had a bad experience meeting someone online?

no. it's all to do with the fact that i don't understand what a person is like from written communication. i need to see their body language. you can tell me about your interests, what turns you on, what turns you off, and all that, but who you are, i don't know that unless i meet you in person. and that is absolutely essential information to me, more so than your interests, etc.

Quote:This might be a stupid question but do a lot of men use Grindr and apps like that in Italy?

i've never used it myself, so i can't tell if a lot of guys in Italy are on it, but i know people use it and talk about it. so, yeah, Italy uses Grindr. i have zero apps on my phone. i don't even know that there exist other apps ''like that'' besides Grindr for gay guys.

I did this once, thank god for a short trip of only 3 days because it was disastrous! 'Knowing' someone online is so different than being around them 24/7. Maybe I was just unlucky but from then on I prefer going on adventures on my own instead Wink might be awkward at first, but so relaxing

Well first off Iceland wouldn't be at the top of my list of places to visit. Too dam cold lol.

There are sections on gumtree and Craigslist that are specifically for travel and people looking for travel partners, have a look there or post an ad, especially if you want to go somewhere that's not mainstream.

I'd encourage it, as long as you have a sensible head, plan your itinerary in advance and keep a blog giving friends and family regular updates on your adventure.

The thing that really pisses me off when trying to arrange a holiday are the additional cost surcharges if your travelling alone. Here's an example. I really want to take a cruise, on a big ship. Not round the world stuff just a 10-14 day cruise around the med or something. My partner has zero interest in going and has encouraged me to go myself if I want, and I don't have an issue with that.

But try and find a cruise ship willing to take a single cruiser at a reasonable cost? Forget it.

Cruise cost for 2 - £2500
Cruise cost for 1 - £2500

I'd rather find someone, pay the £2500 for both of us and at least feel like I'm getting my money's worth!

A vacation trip is definitely more fun if you have someone to share the experience with.

Good luck I say ��

Come take me from here and I'll go with you anywhere...!!

Cinestry Wrote:I did this once, thank god for a short trip of only 3 days because it was disastrous! 'Knowing' someone online is so different than being around them 24/7. Maybe I was just unlucky but from then on I prefer going on adventures on my own instead Wink might be awkward at first, but so relaxing

I thought about doing the solo adventure in coast rica. Sounds relaxing Smile