Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial of a new app on my phone
When I tried to visit the new updated forums on my Android phone for the first time I got this rather intriguing message that I could view the forum via a downloadable app rather than the phone's internal browser.... so I thought I'd give it a whirl....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I have to say that sending the message is not as obvious as I'd thought. Most apps provide an on-screen button, but I had to press the hardware "menu" button to get the "Submit" button to appear.

colinmackay Wrote:When I tried to visit the new updated forums on my Android phone for the first time I got this rather intriguing message that I could view the forum via a downloadable app rather than the phone's internal browser.... so I thought I'd give it a whirl....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hi Colin! Yeah, the site is fully compatible with the smartphone Tapatalk app now. Like you found out it's available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Symbian. I'm using the Symbian app and it seems really good... quite reliable and fast! :p You can still view GS via your phone's normal browser - just click 'no' to the Tapatalk question!

colinmackay Wrote:I have to say that sending the message is not as obvious as I'd thought. Most apps provide an on-screen button, but I had to press the hardware "menu" button to get the "Submit" button to appear.

That's a bit pants! Sad Guess they think all you Android owners are geeks or something! Wink
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Andy Wrote:That's a bit pants! Sad Guess they think all you Android owners are geeks or something! Wink

From my knowledge of Android owners i think they may be right :-P lol

Tapatalk on the iPhone is really quite nice and pretty easy to use (if this message is garbled I'll take that back). Many thanks to Andy for the upgrade to compatability.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

What is this Tapatalk thing? Do you have to pay for it? I've heard of it but don't know what it is