Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Sabotaging US Postal Service Ahead of Election
(08-18-2020, 01:11 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 12:59 AM)ceez Wrote: but seriously how is he the president?

What do you mean? Health? Mental state? How's he doing his job?

Frankly, despite all the bullshit and lies come out of his mouth he's not an idiot, he knows what he's doing and all the lies and bullshit he spews is a distraction.

woops, this is what happens when I try to multi taskSmile. I fixed it.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

(08-18-2020, 01:26 AM)ceez Wrote: woops, this is what happens when I try to multi taskSmile. I fixed it.

Tongue

It happens to me too. I have tried to read over what I type before I submit... I have a bad habit or writing "he does" instead of "he doesn't" and that can really set the wrong tone in some of these political topics Big Grin

The reason is the electoral college. We have had 2 elections in the last 20 years where the popular vote didn't get the win and it was a by 2% margin, only the the 1824 and 1876 elections has there been a wider disparity. Frankly I blame it on the 3rd party candidates. Johnson seemed like a good choice until "What's Aleppo?" but frankly I don't remember his politics and kind of a moot point now lol

The scary prospect is there is a real chance he will be re-elected, despite the polls they show on Fox or CNN, believe me it will be close. Between gerrymandering, voter suppression that already goes on, the coronavirus and the issue with the mail-in ballots might be what swings the election. I mean you don't have to conduct a study to figure out that people who take the virus seriously or not falls on party lines. That's not saying that all republicans aren't taking COVID-19 seriously or that all democrats are wearing masks and social distancing. An example is as soon as the restaurants were allowed to open up for dine-in our very conservative amateur radio group went right back to meeting for lunch every week, they're also all over 60. I tried to pitch the idea that they get their lunch to go and go to an outdoor space, but that had 0 takers. Fortunately, I work and can't participate. One of them said that the governor, Roy Cooper, had no moral authority to enforce a mask mandate because of the viral photo of him not wearing a mask with protesters when it was taken out of context. He removed his mask to answer a reporter's question. Annnnnyway....this year is just really screwed up.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez, James

Some more information has come out and if you thought hmm I wonder where they're removing equipment? If you thought that many of them were in swing states, well you're right:

Quote:Many of the machines have been removed in critical swing states: 59 in Florida, 58 in Texas, 34 in Ohio, 30 in Pennsylvania, 26 in Michigan, 15 in North Carolina, 12 in Virginia, 12 in Wisconsin, and 11 in Georgia. (This data was provided to Mother Jones by Jacob Bogage and Christopher Ingraham of the Washington Post, who have detailed removal of the machines.)

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/202...-machines/

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/0...il-sorting
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

The last thing I heard, if voting in person there will be police at the polling places to check your ID and make sure that your allowed to vote, interesting how the govt works now days. Everyone, Vote, whether by mail or in person, that is the only voice you have in this election, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

(08-22-2020, 06:50 PM)James Wrote: The last thing I heard, if voting in person there will be police at the polling places to check your ID and make sure that your allowed to vote, interesting how the govt works now days. Everyone, Vote, whether by mail or in person, that is the only voice you have in this election, Jim

Not sure why police would need to be present other than to keep the peace. I know in North Carolina photo ID is not required, so not sure about that but I can see it being done in other states and in cities...

I'll have to look into that and see where and how that is being done, hopefully just a rumor.

@James here's what Trump had to say...

Quote:"Are you going to have poll watchers?" the Fox News host asked Trump on Thursday. "Are you going to have an ability to monitor, to avoid fraud and crosscheck whether or not these are registered voters?"

"We're going to have everything," Trump responded. "We're going to have sheriffs, and we're going to have law enforcement, and we're going to have, hopefully, U.S. attorneys, and we're going to have everybody, and attorney generals. But it's very hard."

Quote:Dale Ho, director of the ACLU's Voting Rights Project, told ABC News the president can't give orders to local sheriffs and can't send federal forces into polling places.

"There's no law that I'm aware of that permits, or that would authorize, the president to deploy federal law enforcement or military or anything like that for domestic use in and around in or around polling places," Ho told ABC News. "Just checking someone's ID at the door doesn't really do anything from an election security perspective -- from a voter intimidation perspective, I can see how having law enforcement ask people for IDs when you're entering into a polling location could be intimidating."

So, unless he breaks the law...which wouldn't be surprising, he can't really do that, if he does, I would be very concerned...especially about another 4 years...if not longer...with someone like him in office.

Here's the full article...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-po...d=72529553
Check out my stuff!

And there's more....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-top-...wing-mail/

I guess everyone abroad is learning a lot of about how the mail works in the US lol
Check out my stuff!