Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trust issues
It pays to look before you buy

http://diply.com/thatjusthappened/throne...sues/91743
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

made me smile but most are just making illegal claims for their products, cant say im shocked though

sad.

i knew this thing about 2x Snickers ever since they've been around. the two are not only shorter in length but they're also less in height than actual Snickers. i never buy them. it's just a way for them to make more money per unit of weight.

Coca-Cola also thinks it's smart. sometimes they have these 2.5L bottles and they're selling them for the same price as 2L as if you got it cheaper with that. but i noticed the difference in taste. they're putting less syrup into the 2.5L Coca-Cola than the 2L one, although technically the balance between the syrup and water is supposed to be something you don't modify.

i hate this type of scamming and i never buy anything that's sold that way. i think it's really low. scamming for small stuff. i know it adds up in their pocket because of the large quantities sold, but it's pathetic really. i have much more respect for companies who respect their clients in return, and are honest. i'd rather buy a more expensive product from a company that is honest with me than a cheaper product from one that tries to scam with little things. and i do. the cheap ones are rarely ever actually cheaper.

and, by the way, in the EU they're starting to enforce the policy that prices per unit of weight, or unit of volume, also have to be specified on the labels in the store. so on all the different sizes of Coca-Cola you have to see x Euro/L, and, of course, it's most expensive to buy 0.5 L bottles. which i knew all along. it escapes me how other people don't know it. i'd rather buy the larger bottle and pour it into a smaller one if needed, than keep buying smaller volumes.

Nowadays,, you have to wear your "skepticism" hat whenever you buy anything. whether it be a car, a house, or a plain ole banana...

When I go shopping, I go with the expectation that I'll be mugged by the very people who sell the products I want. If they can't steal from you by using simple deception, they will resort to out-right lying!!.........

I've had car salesmen tell me that the sticker on the car window isn't accurate concerning the fuel economy,, and that it will get much better fuel mileage. Ya right!!! And they have the gall to get angry at me when I say I don't believe them...

When buying an older house, you pay to have a supposed professional home inspector come out and inspect the house and then tell you what needs to be fixed prior to buying the place. Ya right!! The inspector didn't go into the attic or into the crawl space under the house,,,, yet he wants me to pay him $500 bucks for doing nothing more than taking a casual walk around the house. Ain't gonna happen while I'm still breathing and have a couple brain cells still working!!!

The rip-off game is pervasive in our society. You have to be careful of what you buy and from whom. There's no reason to be a nice guy to people who are trying to steal your money!! Call them what they are (a thief)...

As always,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

meridannight Wrote:sad.

i knew this thing about 2x Snickers ever since they've been around. the two are not only shorter in length but they're also less in height than actual Snickers. i never buy them. it's just a way for them to make more money per unit of weight.

i always thought it just means two bars... never thought it would be the same as having two original size bars.. but we are differend, some may think on that way too...

Quote:and, by the way, in the EU they're starting to enforce the policy that prices per unit of weight, or unit of volume, also have to be specified on the labels in the store. so on all the different sizes of Coca-Cola you have to see x Euro/L, and, of course, it's most expensive to buy 0.5 L bottles. which i knew all along. it escapes me how other people don't know it. i'd rather buy the larger bottle and pour it into a smaller one if needed, than keep buying smaller volumes.

it has been like that for years here. i already remember this from my childhood. they even list the toilet paper like that on the price tag, lol...

[Image: 676ca309afc9f4523a0be08c01cf5f1f.jpg]