Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to calm down...
So, today I got myself so worked up that I had a panic attack, and I still feel the after-effects of it; I'm so tired, my mind is numb, my body feels weird, and it feels like I've been hit by a bus. I just couldn't get my mind off of how everything seems to not be working out, from my social life to my future and everything in between. I started to feel like I was physically losing control, just like I did when I first suffered with panic attacks years ago, I forgot how terrifying it could be.

I'm wondering if this was maybe my body's way of telling me to calm down, I just can't believe I let myself get to this point... now I'm anxious that I'm going to have another panic attack, but my optimism keeps coming back in waves, hopefully I'll feel better after a nap.

Sad... Take a rest, let some weight go, we are only human... Hope you feel better..

Hope you feel better some bluelight

I'm feeling slightly more zen now, got myself showered and all cleaned up... blood pressure still feels high but I'm sure I can hold myself together.

I haven't had a panic attack in such a long time, it freaked me out so I felt the need to post about it. I'll post better things soon.

HOT bubblebath!

Go into the bathroom, fill up the tub with hot water (as hot as you can stand it), light some candles, or sit in the dark, and listen to some ambient or classical music on LOW.

Sit there and just listen to the music. Focus on the music, nothing else.

Sit there until the water starts to feel cold, then get out and go watch TV or read.

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=29603

I meditate my preferred method is using a candle flame and starting at that point between the blue and yellow parts of the flame. concentrate on that and slowly disengage parts of my mind.

It works for me for several minor things... Minor being objective to the observer.

If this is something really overpowering then I suggest talking to a doctor about the plethora of anti-anxiety medications out there. And consider a therapist. If anxiety was present for a longish period of time and now has suddenly appeared, that may mean that something has transpired recently which is the foundation of your anxiety. Perhaps just figuring out what that thing is may bring you relief?

MisterTinkles Wrote:HOT bubblebath!

Go into the bathroom, fill up the tub with hot water (as hot as you can stand it), light some candles, or sit in the dark, and listen to some ambient or classical music on LOW.

Oh so you added a whole new twist to this horror show of things to obsess and get anxious about. Wot only do you want us to worry about the house going up in flames while we drown, now you are suggesting electrocuting ones self while in the bathtub.

Yes Mr. T. I'm Certain that Bluelight is not anxious now - he's most likely is now screaming in a full fledged panic attack...

Thanks for all your work...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I meditate my preferred method is using a candle flame and starting at that point between the blue and yellow parts of the flame. concentrate on that and slowly disengage parts of my mind.

It works for me for several minor things... Minor being objective to the observer.

If this is something really overpowering then I suggest talking to a doctor about the plethora of anti-anxiety medications out there. And consider a therapist. If anxiety was present for a longish period of time and now has suddenly appeared, that may mean that something has transpired recently which is the foundation of your anxiety. Perhaps just figuring out what that thing is may bring you relief?

I haven't meditated in a long time, I'll give it a shot when I get the time. And yeah if this happens again I'm going to the medical center, I literally do not have time for this this week.

Thats something i have never had or seen someone else have.. Im sorry you have to deal with those and glad your better now.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh so you added a whole new twist to this horror show of things to obsess and get anxious about. Wot only do you want us to worry about the house going up in flames while we drown, now you are suggesting electrocuting ones self while in the bathtub.

Yes Mr. T. I'm Certain that Bluelight is not anxious now - he's most likely is now screaming in a full fledged panic attack...

Thanks for all your work...

You have stopped taking your clozapine again!!!!!