Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter 101
When it comes to technology concerning "social networking",I am hopeless,I can barely operate Skype.Another thing is,I dont find it appealing at all,thats why I'm not on Facebook and such.This new thing called Twitter has sparked an acute curiosity from me though,it seems like its so instant and anyone can be on it.The only thing though is I dont really know what Twitter is or what it does.I've tried reading up on it but all that techno jargon might as be Japanese to me.Can somebody give me a short summary of the whole thing?Are any of you fellas on Twitter?

Its like messenger on a large scale, so you post a message millions around the world or just friends can see it.
So your just posting a short sentance or two with whats going on with you people can comment on that post etc...

I'm not on twitter never used it but its all the same.

Twitter and such are a load of shit and they are for people who can't think for them selfs so they have read how others think!

I'm part of face book but no one really talks to me on it, so what does that mean lol!

sweetlad86 Wrote:I'm part of face book but no one really talks to me on it, so what does that mean lol!

Are we friends Sweet Lad ? If not why not Xyxthumbs

I have opened an account with twitter to see what it's all about but haven't had time yet to have a good look

You lot are!!!

sweetlad86 Wrote:You lot are!!!

Are we friends on face book darlink ?

Will you be my friend

Remybussi

Dan I guess you have seen this from wiki:
Quote:[COLOR="Teal"]Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length. Updates are displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends (delivery to everyone being the default). Users can send and receive updates via the Twitter website, SMS, RSS (receive only), or through applications such as Tweetie, Twitterrific, Twitterfon, TweetDeck and Feedalizr. The service is free to use over the web, but using SMS may incur phone services provider fees.
As of March 2009, Twitter has received extensive visibility and popularity worldwide. Twitter is often described as the 'SMS of Internet' in that the site provides the back-end functionality (via its APIs) to other desktop and web-based applications to send and receive short text messages often obscuring the actual website itself. This extensibility of the service has earned it more popularity than it would have gained if users had to visit the site to use the service.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]From what I understand is that you find a tweeter/blogger that interest you and sign up for their updates. When that person writes a new update you can get a notice, maybe thru email where you then visit the tweet site to see the message or you can have it delivered to your cell, or desktop with another application.

I know that on a mac you can even have them delivered as your desktop.

I guess the goal is to make an interesting tweet in 140 characters.

I have no interest in blogs but am sure there must be some interesting ones out there... guessing with just 140 characters you want to find a writer that really interest ya and get the giggles from, seems that is pretty much the reason for tweeting... from what I have seen on the tube about tweeting is some tweet about EVERY detail of their life. Facebook has this at the top of the page but I dont have any friends that tweet every boring detail of every bowel movement...

hope that helps matey[/COLOR]

dan me and you done skype befor it was lovely