Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK / USA relations now
Now there will be a Democrat President in the USA and we have a Conservative Brexiteer in the UK, how are relations going to work out now?

Biden was/is anti-Brexit and publicly criticised Joris Bohnson for being a British clone of Donald Skunk, Bohnson is going to have to work really hard to get a trade deal with the USA now.  Did Bohnson seriously think that Skunk would be re-elected and he would just get a smooth trade deal?  If, as it seems increasingly likely, the UK leaves the EU without a deal, where will that leave the UK then?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't think things are necessarily one sided when it comes to a trade agreement. Despite Johnson being a good or bad PM, politics aside I think such a trade agreement needs to be beneficial for both countries....remember most everything we buy is made in China. It is very rare to see Made in USA or made in United Kingdom on products. That being said, I know jack squat about trade agreements and not really enough about economics in general for commentary. However, I don't think Biden is going to be like "Who's your daddy?"
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

There never was the possibility that Johnson was telling the truth when he claimed that trade agreements were "oven-ready". I'm not convinced that he would recognise the truth even if it came close enough to knee him in the bollocks.

We can see precisely where this government's interests lie when it comes to supporting the people unable to work through covid-related lockdowns. I suspect that money-laundering will become our biggest industry after this year ends. The "news" that Elizabeth Truss has agreed a trade deal with Japan omits to mention that she has secured concessions on things this country does not even produce! Priceless!

One has to bear in mind the Biden is of Irish ancestry and has stated his interest in maintaining the Good Friday Agreement that was part of the agreement that Bohnson signed with the EU and which he is now intent of breaking.  Hardly a good start to a possible Trade Deal wih the new American administration.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams