Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: Murder and castration of gay journalist in NY
Another criminal case I've been following closely: the torture, castration and murder of Carlos Castro, 66, by his boyfriend Renato Seabra, 21.

Here's a picture of them, victim and murderer:

[Image: ng1422050.jpg]

[Image: renato-seabra-dr.jpg]

Seabra was a model and Castro helped him in his career, here they are during a photoshoot:

[Image: Carlos+Castro+Renato+Seabra.jpg]

The gruesome crimes happened in New York, at the luxurious Intercontinental Hotel.

I actually knew the victim: Carlos Castro was probably the most complex person I've ever met. He was a manipulative son of **** but he was also very popular and the organiser of the wonderful Transvestite Night, an event that raised millions to combat HIV/Aids in Portugal. May he RIP.

Seabra was convicted to 25 years in jail and I just read that he's doing social service in prison. I'm glad he's found something useful and positive to do.

There are countless video parodies of this case, they're horrible but I can't stop laughing:

I recall the case.

A few speculate that the old man drove him to it.

It was hinted that the old guy was super possessive, demanding and drove the younger guy insane... I guess in this case literally.

so...why not just walk out and never come back? it takes a certain mental deficiency to opt for murder as a way out. i do understand some people can drive other people nuts, but such incompatibility issues never arise just out of the blue. they're there for long term, usually. and it takes a certain mentality to stick around and continuing to put oneself into such circumstances. he may have driven him to violence, but a healthier guy would have just walked out, and walked out a long time ago.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I recall the case.

A few speculate that the old man drove him to it.

It was hinted that the old guy was super possessive, demanding and drove the younger guy insane... I guess in this case literally.

Believe me, Seabra was no sweet angel either.

He tortured Castro for several hours, smashed his face with a portable computer and castrated him with a corkscrew while he was still alive.

He then told the cops he was 'finally free from his gay demons'. Sad

It seems the whole incident was triggered by jealousy, Seabra wanted to go out with some girls he had just met and Castro wasn't too happy about it. But their relationship had already gone sour before that.

meridannight Wrote:so...why not just walk out and never come back? [...]

Jealousy, blackmail, greed or sheer madness, who knows?

Humans are emotional creatures, we don't always act rationally.

MisterLove Wrote:Jealousy, blackmail, greed or sheer madness, who knows?

Humans are emotional creatures, we don't always act rationally.

Yep that pretty much sums it up.

Having been in abusive relationships I get the whole 'insanity' thing. Mind I walked (ran) away however there were moments where murder seemed a perfectly logical and rational way out.

I'm not condoning the behavior.

The depravity of humanity knows no bounds.

Oh my always be careful and don't be so hard on anyone.

Wow shocking what goes on in this world.