Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US 2022 Midterm Elections
Votes are still being tallied regarding control of the House of Representatives, so which party will control that is still up in the air.

However, the results for the Senate are pretty much in, and the Democrats have retained control of the Senate.

This is huge, because normally what happens at midterm elections is that the control will flip to the opposing party.  In other words, if the president is a democrat, at the midterms the Senate and House will flip to Republican control.

Also, when a president has a bad favorability rating, it usually ensures this flip will happen.   Biden's favorability is currently at 41%, which is below Trump's when Trump was president, but Democrat voters turned out in big numbers, bucking the historical trends.

other initiatives that were voted on were:

voters in five states chose to protect abortion rights. In California, Michigan, and Vermont, voters approved amendments to each state’s constitution to ensure access to abortion and reproductive health more broadly.

voters in South Dakota approved a ballot measure to expand Medicaid, with about 56 percent support.

Voters in Arizona approved what appears to be a novel ballot measure to restrict medical debt collection efforts. The measure, which goes into effect in January 2023, caps interest rates on medical debt and would limit the ability of debt collectors to seize a patient’s personal property and wages.

Meanwhile, voters in California approved a ban on flavored tobacco products (including menthol cigarettes), making California the largest state to do so thus far.

Finally, there were mixed results with respect to ballot initiatives on legalization of marijuana. Maryland and Missouri approved the possession and use of marijuana while voters in Arkansas, North Dakota, and South Dakota rejected marijuana-related measures.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • JDD22

1syellow1 I can tell they're considering our LGBT+ Human Rights! Way to go!! I'd crack up though if all the rights we need plus more is already legalized all throughout the Globe!!!

I wonder if they'll consider a Dual-Type of Presidency here in the USA. A type of Governing where two people lead the country; for instance, one that's democratic & the other republican.

Personally, I'm part of the Green Party—the "tree hugging" party; well, definitely if you see one of these: The Sexiest Trees in the World
"Beyond the attractive person in mind, body, & soul is nothingness." - JDD22

(11-18-2022, 09:42 AM)JDD22 Wrote: 1syellow1 I can tell they're considering our LGBT+ Human Rights! Way to go!! I'd crack up though if all the rights we need plus more is already legalized all throughout the Globe!!!

I wonder if they'll consider a Dual-Type of Presidency here in the USA. A type of Governing where two people lead the country; for instance, one that's democratic & the other republican.

Personally, I'm part of the Green Party—the "tree hugging" party; well, definitely if you see one of these: The Sexiest Trees in the World

we have these in my neck of the Blue Ridge foothills... I call this one "Coitus." Rolleyes

Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • JDD22

1syellow1 LOL Y'know what I find intriguing? When a community (esp. our Queer Community) is greatly suppressed, it's like things in nature tend to grow, show, and/or express certain things! Isn't it strange? For example, pecans—look at this picture! I mean, do they not look like a part of the female vagina?
"Beyond the attractive person in mind, body, & soul is nothingness." - JDD22