Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh Oh, there they go again.... spreading their favourite lies
These articles came to my attention. Note that they are likely to get your blood up, so don't fret. It's better to know your enemy than to ignore what lies they are spreading about us (ok, ok, maybe it's not all lies, but it's written with a very specific agenda at the back of their minds)
*Thoughts to myself: " Get a life!" Rolleyes*

Dark secrets like no church has ever held... for sure. Remind me, what happened to those priests that molested young children? Oh? You mean to say the church didn't try to sweep it under the carpet?
http://christwire.org/2011/06/14-outrage...-tell-you/

This one just represents every single person among our members, I'm sure WinkRolleyesRolleyes:mad::
http://christwire.org/2011/01/sweat-sodo...-gay-bars/

This was the original post that got my attention with the comments added by a Gay.com reader/journalist... No wonder there is still so much misinformation, and so many people struggling to be who they are and need to be. The stereotypes, goodness, they are so blunt!
http://christwire.org/2010/08/is-my-husband-gay/
the replies:
http://daily.gay.com/hot_topics/2010/08/...-homo.html
After this I thought you'd need a bit of a laugh:
[Image: 207115_10150214815274245_118574109244_86...2793_n.jpg]

This one's actually a crazy picture from the New York gay pride parade....
[Image: IMG_6444.jpg]

I am gay and I've never set foot in a gay bar. How dare they say that we are promoting all this stuff?!?!?
People who seek out this stuff just need to let off steam, just as in the olden days there were brothels for men to get their jollies, or to learn about sexuality when it wasn't spoken of in homes... Also places, unfortunately, where STIs were exchanged. You got your money's worth.
Below is the quote that I find so damning.... :mad::mad::mad:

"Yes, it is the Gay Bar of which we speak. Gay bars were once something of an urban legend, an odd rumor that someone who knew someone may have sighted in the shadow of a big city train station. They were down ghetto side streets and had wide, swinging doors. No elaborate signs announced their locations for they were painfully shameful places, intentionally hidden from the concerned eyes of normal society. All that has changed in recent years. Now an itchy rash of these businesses is spreading to our towns and rural communities. They’re on our Main Streets, next door to diners and hardware stores, appearing as legitimate as any McDonalds. They are blistery places, announcing themselves with shrieks of disco music and brightly laminated flyers. Don’t let the cheery visage fool you, however, for they transform into something decidedly sinister once the sun goes down.
Simply put, America’s gay bars serve to falsely legitimate a notorious lifestyle choice. To say these places are un-American misses the point. They are much worse. They enable obscene physical violation, addictive drug abuse and the heights of political subversion. It is here that the agenda for overthrowing the normative values of society are devised. Across grimy pooltables and busy urinals, over cigarette ashtrays and fruity mixed drinks, the worst schemes to corrupt everything from traditional marriage to the age of consent laws are hatched by these relentlessly perverse plotters. They are all about sex. Sex all the time."
from: http://christwire.org/2011/01/sweat-sodo...-gay-bars/

Like life isn't about sex, sex all the time???? That's a stupid comment. Actually most of it is stupid and misinformed.... while I'm not saying gay bars don't exist, and I'm not saying that some gays (but presumably also men who have sex with men regardless of whether they consider themselves gay or not) don't get up to this sort of business, just look at the hetero community (as he puts it), they have no perversions at all, right? I think they are jealous that we are getting more visibility. Well no, there are practices that I surely don't condone in gay bars, but then there are also lots of hetero practices that I wouldn't condone... In fact they are human practices that I wouldn't condone. Full stop.
And for his information, I have no interest in making a straight man gay, the life of a gay man is too complicated. How many negative words can you pick out to describe the reality of these bars? Are the gay bars you go to like this?

Just to show how whacky this site is, there is one thread called What to Serve Atheists for Dinner... lol. Serve them the same damn thing you'd be serving your family, looney! Unless your atheist guests are lactose intolerant, or Muslims (oh wait, I forgot, they're atheists!) or vegetarians... or low carb addicts... Serve those guests food, just food...

Read parts of the article and my did they made me woozy. Prince, I agree with you that these are misinformed and are for the most ignorant to the truth. Their are assumptions, for them are the truth.

I don't mind it at all, it seems so utterly laughable. Perhaps that's my British side coming through?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I suspect this site is a joke. For instance, on the first link, if you scroll down to number 8, instead of 8, they have a smiley. In some twisted way, I almost hope it isn't a joke. It's WAY funnier if it's real. My favorite is the one that suggests homosexuality is spreading to the animal kingdom because caged rabbits try to please their homosexual masters.

I live a life where i dont care what people think of me... If im happy in myself thats all that matters and to be honest all this crap online does affect people because as kids you are brainwashed

http://christwire.org/2011/06/the-7-main...e-allowed/

It totally has to be a joke. Either that, or the lower end of humanity's intelligence spectrum sinks far deeper than I ever thought possible.

I'm afraid this "journalist" probably believes his bullshit, but he's nothing but a troll. Hopefully people will see through his radical bullshittery.