Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra sexual?
Wine & Kotch
Haven't a clue what they are singing about. It sounds creole to me. Anyone know where this group is from? Apparently there's a whole selection of dances and choreographies set to this music... These may not be the danciest moves but they are definitely among the most sexually charged. Ritualistic? What do you think?

Sexually charged yes, I bet there bottoms are getting a good work out! Big Grin

Im thinking its african?

I only watched a little of it, but it reminds me of twerking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twerking

I've never found it sexy, just silly (at best). But maybe I'm just not that visual (at least as far as bodies go).

Lol, this is my Jam! It's always on the Radio.

"No Oda gyal cyan tes mi a wine and kotch"

They're Jamaicans, and it's just Brook or Patois.

I wonder...what are you listening to my Princey??? Lol.

Also, Pix, wha ya kno bout twerkin Sistren? Wink

This is Dancehall, so it does tend to get sexual, people be daggering, Twerking, Brukking, just going wild lol.

I myself like Dancehall, but prefer Reggae and Soca.

Oh yeah, to translate, Wine and Kotch means when a girl wines and then eventually throws her ass and sometimes leg in the air and the guy catches it and usually daggers her.

He's telling her to basically give her ass to him and she's saying no other girl can wine like her.

Some other stuff, but that's really the gist lol.

I liked it.

Miles Wrote:I liked it.

Did you drop pon it and lift it back up?

Did you Bruk it dahn?

Did you wine and kotch? Lol

Does she whine when's she's wined (not dined) or should she be weaned?

Special thanks to Pix and QueenOdi who seem to have given this type of dancing an origin. I realised that Joseph might like it (since he likes Soca) and it reminded me of African dancing at its origins, with fertility rites or fertility dances etc... in the Arab countries they invented belly dancing, which has some similar aspects yet not so aggressive and more suggestive.
Thanks Odi for the patois translations, I think I made out the general gist that this man was going to 'catch' her from behind. Despite the very sexual nature of the video, are we to assume that this girl is boasting her sexual desirability and wish to find a mate, or are we to understand that she'll do it only for her chosen man, to turn him on? In other words, is she a 'hoe', a 'slut', a cock-teaser or is she just a decent girl giving her partner a moment of lusty fun?

princealbertofb Wrote:Does she whine when's she's wined (not dined) or should she be weaned?

Well, in our culture, dance is very important, however some people take it to the extremes, so I Don't know about weaning :p

The term often used by Jamaicans is "Gyal Wine Pon Di Cocky and So"

Which basically means girls are supposed to wine/grind against guys, but this is seen from a guy's perspective, so it's up to her if she wants to be wined or dined :/

It's hard to explain, but there isn't really an obvious science to it, you just have to feel.

However, I'm sure on a systemic level there is an underlying reason, other than our African roots, which is even still prevalent today.

Thanks for the explanations, Sista!