Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwear
Thanks Spades. It would be a hell of a commute to a store near you!

Here's a poll that might be fun for you to review, avidcyclistMTB. Confusedmile:
What type of underwear do you wear?

My husband and my sons all wear Bond Boxers.
They say they are the most comfortable boxers out there.

[Image: m_bonds_boxer1915-300x300.jpg]

I'll usually wear traditional boxers or briefs. I have a few pairs of clever underwear. I've always had the question, are certain underwear brands associated with homosexuality? I'm not prepared to come out of the closet yet.

Hello,
They say a picture describes a thousand words... If this is true you need to make sure that the display you put on will describe a thousand or more words and want to make the customer purchase something... Too many stores here in the UK i find opffensive when they have half a manniquin advertising an item of clothing... Ensure you have the whole thing... Dont try to beef up[ its package whatever you do... The underwear I wear is well a variety... I dont do pants/Y fronts that just childish. My ex is obsessed with underwear and he is attracted to unusual designs and layouts so you want something different from the rest that says COME BUY ME BIG BOYS!

What is this thing that you call underwear?

I have never heard of such a thing!

Just kidding, I enjoy wearing boxer underwear and am pretty much a plain ol guy and don't wear any sort of fashionable underwear, I am kind of boring when it comes to my clothes :tongue:

SecretLust Wrote:I've always had the question, are certain underwear brands associated with homosexuality...

Yes, SecretLust, there are, but I personally tend to defy stereotype in that type of department. It's funny you mentioned Clever. That's one of those brands I think is on the edge (depending on the style) but it's all in the perception of the other person really.

If you ever need/want help/advice about coming out, don't hesitate to ask. I'm very new here, but it seems like the support system is fantastic!

zeon Wrote:Hello,
you need to make sure that the display you put on will describe a thousand or more words and want to make the customer purchase something...

Thanks for the input zeon. Having had considerable retail experience, I agree 100%.

Where I disagree is the 1/2 mannequin, but not entirely. The shop spaces I'm looking at are not very big and though I plan to have some full mannequins, there would be call for some display where a trunk mannequin could be placed between shelves and not look ridiculous but still show off a product.

As far as padding the package, it's just tacky.

Thanks again.

avidcyclistMTB Wrote:Thanks for the input zeon. Having had considerable retail experience, I agree 100%.

Where I disagree is the 1/2 mannequin, but not entirely. The shop spaces I'm looking at are not very big and though I plan to have some full mannequins, there would be call for some display where a trunk mannequin could be placed between shelves and not look ridiculous but still show off a product.

As far as padding the package, it's just tacky.

Thanks again.

Hello,
From my retail experience i often told my managers that less is more... People dont want a over crowded display... In todays society people wont go spending time searching through a display to find what they want... Take a store like primark for example they shove clothes all over the place and the shop is too cluttered... Customers i know as a tip want to make a direct hit to the goods they see which shout BUY ME... I would suggest that a contrast of colours and a varible price is shown... Dont be under assumtion that expensive items sell because at the end of the day I as a retail customer with experience know that expensive items are only expensive because 50-90% of the intital price is the brand name you pay for NOT the product... Try furthermore with regards to stock suggesting potential deals with suppliers because a supplier works the same way as your shop.... Its an invite to come and browse and if your not happy with the price but want the product try haggling over the price.. Haggling is a skill we all have but the strength of it depends on whether you hesistate or not??? I know with me if i want something and I dont have the whole funds I haggle a lot... Prices are guide prices into what the consumer is happy to let the product go for not the exact price.... Money is money at the end of the day and big bucks corp ltd dont allow it to go, where they can potentially get it

Kindest regards

Zeon x

Zeon, sounds like we have similar outlook and experience. Thanks again for the input. I love the advice about less being more. I feel quite the same. I'm certainly no stranger to haggling and know the ins and outs of that aspect too, but appreciate the direction.