Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployable
Insertnamehere Wrote:I don't think it's a matter to not be "negative" (I am fairly negative myself) but rather to not let it affect your goals.

Ok, is there somewhere else where you can get a performing job? Relocate maybe? If you can land a job like you described, would it pay enough to give you room to look for other jobs for the remaining part of the year?

Have you considered training yourself on a technical level on anything else? There are plentyful (well, at least here) short spanning technical careers that you could pursue in order to get a job

I've applied for performing jobs up and down the country, planning to relocate if I was successful, but they are so few and far between. I am realllyy bad at anything technical haha. I like music but again the problems are the same in terms of employment. They are viewed as hobbies.
Catsmileydwi'n jyst fachgen o cymru efo materion meddyliol yn byd meddyliolCatsmiley

supasyd Wrote:Oh I know that. Everyone has been telling me I am too negative since I was like 5. I don't think it's going to change now. I can pretend to be enthusiastic at interviews. I have a performing arts degree. There is nothing in that field except for in March if you're lucky enough to get on a cruise ship for the summer but then that's only three months a year.

Ok so my advice would be to do something about it, that meaning go seek help to help change it. Might need to try counseling or medication to get you on the right track, there's no good reason to be negative (I really should tell myself that sometimes). You have to break that feedback loop somehow...something bad happens, you get a negative attitude about the world and something bad happens because of that and so on and on...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

How long have you actually been looking for work?

Maybe you need to talk to a councillor or even your doctor and see what they can do?

axle2152 Wrote:Ok so my advice would be to do something about it, that meaning go seek help to help change it. Might need to try counseling or medication to get you on the right track, there's no good reason to be negative (I really should tell myself that sometimes). You have to break that feedback loop somehow...something bad happens, you get a negative attitude about the world and something bad happens because of that and so on and on...

I know. I'd rather just something good happened. I don't want mental help I want to earn money doing something that won't make my mental health even worse. ..I think then I'd feel ok.
Catsmileydwi'n jyst fachgen o cymru efo materion meddyliol yn byd meddyliolCatsmiley

supasyd Wrote:Hahaha. I think I'd struggle to take myself seriously but ill look into it. I have looked into teaching abroad but even then you need money for flights and visas and things. I've never been in a positive head space but I'm past the point of effecting my efficiency in life. I feel down because I just am not getting anywhere. It's nearly Christmas and not even big retail chains will hire me. It's depressing

Being serious is like # 10101919191019293939405048737 on the list of important things to me. But I understand.

Hmmm. I've heard that there are places that you can go, and they help you find employment. Can't remember if you said anything bout those, but maybe trey looking it up online. Might help. Fish2

supasyd Wrote:I've applied for performing jobs up and down the country, planning to relocate if I was successful, but they are so few and far between. I am realllyy bad at anything technical haha. I like music but again the problems are the same in terms of employment. They are viewed as hobbies.

Is there any employment agency or something on the likes that can locate you on temp jobs that are suitable for you? For the rest, sure, your jobs are hard to come by. Keep trying though, on all fronts, the arts, the music and the writing.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

artyboy Wrote:How long have you actually been looking for work?

Maybe you need to talk to a councillor or even your doctor and see what they can do?

Since about May. I used to have a counsellor but it was only a temporary one. I think I know why I'm depressed, I just feel like I have no chance to do anything about it.

Insertnamehere Wrote:Is there any employment agency or something on the likes that can locate you on temp jobs that are suitable for you? For the rest, sure, your jobs are hard to come by. Keep trying though, on all fronts, the arts, the music and the writing.

Yes I go every fortnight to meet with someone who supposedly helps me find employment. We supposedly also have low unemployment and a good economy but I think it is lies. I am trying everything I can and just feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I really want to save some money before Christmas too.

Hmmm well I didn't realise to recently that I had problem with anxiety. You sound like how I was a few months ago. Ever thought about?

supasyd Wrote:Yes I go every fortnight to meet with someone who supposedly helps me find employment. We supposedly also have low unemployment and a good economy but I think it is lies. I am trying everything I can and just feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I really want to save some money before Christmas too.

It's not lies just there are more people on the job market with more experience than people like our self's. Hmmm I think only got into the I've been accepted on is due to being disabled. First time in my life I've been employed for the way I look lol.