Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah!
In the past 72 hours UTAH of all places..the reddest of the red states..has legalized gay marriage. I suspect there will be some serious opposition to the ruling but if it is upheld it will be a major stepping stone...

...so in a two month span we have Hawaii, Illinois, New Mexico and UTAH!

Anyone care to speculate the next four?

I think maybe Virginia, Colorado. Oregon and Nevada.

Dafuq. Utah? That's one of the last states I expected to hear that from. I mean... really? Utah has always been one of the worst states about that.

As for your prediction, I hope you're right about Oregon. I plan to move back there soon. It's definitely much more likely than Utah.

East Wrote:In the past 72 hours UTAH of all places..the reddest of the red states..has legalized gay marriage. I suspect there will be some serious opposition to the ruling but if it is upheld it will be a major stepping stone...

...so in a two month span we have Hawaii, Illinois, New Mexico and UTAH!

Anyone care to speculate the next four?

I think maybe Virginia, Colorado. Oregon and Nevada.

Gays in Virgina's????ooooooooohhhhhh my bad read that wrong.I say Albaquerkie, alabama, North Carolina and Alaska.

money down?

dfiant1 Wrote:Gays in Virgina's????ooooooooohhhhhh my bad read that wrong.I say Albaquerkie, alabama, North Carolina and Alaska.

money down?

Hmmmm..Alaska? You may have a winner there...Alabama? Eh...not so much. They may be the last along with Mississippi and Louisiana and West Virginia.

I thought I was going the most homophobic...I know Alabama is very 'traditional' or bible beltish?

Totes wyoming. I know it

dfiant1 Wrote:I thought I was going the most homophobic...I know Alabama is very 'traditional' or bible beltish?

Yeah...I think they have the least amount of public support actually...nice thing is most of the other states have moved forward with many surprising results. Pretty much every state has a majority of under 30 people supporting gay marriage so it will only be a matter of time...Utah was a bug surprise though and you are right...Alabama would also be a huge surprise.

Lilitu Wrote:Totes wyoming. I know it

That would be cool

I was thinking with all the mormons there Utah with be along the lines of the Deep South in this...

got a nice surprise there..

ehhhh.....let me see...Oregon, Nevada, (just to have all the West in pretty pro-LGBT stance)....Wisconsin...maybe, maybe....and I don't know about the last one....I think Colorado was somewhat of a grey area in this, but I'm not sure..

all the above in no particular order

and I would throw in Pennsylvania, but that's just wishfull thinking into seeing all of that NorthEast in pretty pro-LGBT stance too.....the continuity would look nice in a colored map

I can say the South will be the hardest, obviously..

VileKyle Wrote:Dafuq. Utah? That's one of the last states I expected to hear that from. I mean... really? Utah has always been one of the worst states about that.

As for your prediction, I hope you're right about Oregon. I plan to move back there soon. It's definitely much more likely than Utah.

Utah didn't legalize gay marriage, they lost a high court battle where the state was told, "Banning gay marriage is illegal", and gay people went and got married the same day, seriously, it's like they lined up for it.

1blue1