Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is upon us, and I'm just curious what other attached guys/gals either plan on doing for their partner or what their partner has arranged for them?

If you are unattached, feel free to join the conversation and let us know what you would do for your partner, nice things you've done for a past partner, or what you'd like your partner to do for you.

Well......nothing. My wife's B-day is in march. And mine is this month. and we've never celebrated this day. Why do we need a day to show love? I do it year round. might be a cliche answer. But yea..Valentine's day is pointless in my house.

Mick

Attached, but will be 5000 miles away unfortunatelyCry

However, through the power of the internet (and a lovely old lady who is our neighbour) he should be waking up to flowers, balloons, chocolates and the all important Valentines card. Yes, Im an old romantic, and I love itSmile

We are celebrating our Valentines proper by going to Florida on holiday on the 24th Feb, when I get some R&R from Kenya.

ObW
X

a while ago, i was at a consignment shop and found a used $20.00 Kate Spade tote he might like.

I'm going to my significant other's dorm the 15th and we're gonna probably cuddle and just generally appreciate each other's presence the whole night its gonna be a wonderful night, I'm also making him a present Smile

Unfortunately my guy had to work tonight, so we got together for Valentine's Day brunch and then took a trip back to my place for a little... rest. Then... we got engaged! So excited! AllAllAll

Hope you all had a fantastic day! (or are having a fantastic evening right now) ... and if you're currently unattached... eff all those couples anyway Wink

Congrats Eric! That's very exciting! Was it romantic?

Thanks Rob Smile It was fantastic and it just felt... right. But I've never been a big Valentine's Day person and neither is my fiance so this was a surprise for him, for sure.

Interesting enough most of those I've had serious relationships were very cerebral and didn't care much for Valentines, and the one I was with for years who was very emotional didn't like Valentines because she thought it was a cop out so you could take others for granted for the rest of the year. As a result I've kept it low key (as I'm scared that deep down it does hurt their feelings if the day is completely ignored but I don't want to make them feel obligated to celebrate a holiday they don't care much about), and I try to show that I know and care for my partner rather than just some stupid obligatory consumerism (plus, I like to avoid holiday crowds, so no eating out on that day).

I'm glad to say my Valentine's surprise was very well received today. It was this book to my history teacher partner who loves history (more the trivia than the great battles), and did a college thesis on Xenophon that she's very proud of. When she found out (early in our relationship) that I'd never read him she loaned me her copy of Hiero the Tyrant to read so she could then talk about her college thesis. And after reading it in I think 2 hours I also had quite a bit to say about Machiavelli, not only in comparison & contrast to what Xenophon had to say but in no longer accepting that he was making a satire as a few claim or intentionally giving bad advice as a few others say. Natch, we also talked about her thesis which I found really interesting (about who the real world characters were that inspired the characters), and she said she knew she chose right with me because of that. So see, it IS sentimental that I gave her this book, showing I paid attention to her, know her, and care, but in case it was too subtle I signed it for her saying, "I love you more than you love history."

She loved it, and though she said she read it years ago she was reading it before and after supper, and is reading it now while I play on the computer. And every time she picks it up or even looks at it she's going to remember I love her. Confusedmile:

It's usually a double celebration , as it's my birthday.