Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentines Day
It's o our anniversary today. Five years. No idea what I was supposed to give this year, pretty sure it wasn't what she got. It's our last, and we both know it. I tried not to ruin things and keep the conversation light and happy, but for all my efforts we are both rewarded in tears, now I am drunk and "Under The Sheets" plays in my head. Tonight I am again a reptile, stealing even her name with her warmth, wishing to shed skin to show the wyrm within.

I don't even know why I'm here, of all places. I am lost and paralyzed, the velveteen rabbit forgotten in the rain.

I hate Valentine's day and what it does to alone people. Getting to know that it can harm even the people in long time relationship is frustrating.
I know that it probably wasn't just this day, but...!
Bighug to you

Had a great first date tonight with a cute and intelligent guy. Hope this trend will continue.

My V-day date was alone sick in bed lol.....

Buy me a dozen roses on June 27th, it would mean a million times more to me than roses bought at stupidly inflated prices for inferior hot house quality roses on Valentines day

I nearly fell on the floor when I saw the price of a bunch of flowers on Valentine's day! Pity Valentine's day wasn't in the summer, than I could pick my own flowers out of my garden.....!

I'm sorry for this thread, I was drunk.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I was never so drunk that I would have felt like "the velveteen rabbit forgotten in the rain" I need to remember that :biggrin:

I hope things look better for you two now, when you are sober Confusedmile:

Uncarvedblock Wrote:I'm sorry for this thread, I was drunk.

I think we have all been there on vday. Just remember that it is only one day. You have many more to come, and I'm willing to bet there will be some great vdays for you in the future.

Things do look better now, booze isn't the best pick-me-up I've used. :grin:
As for future Vdays, I don't know. All the department store decorations were my reminder of my anniversary for half of a decade. I don't want it to, but I'm afraid of it becoming a depressing reminder of something else.