Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarian vs Vegan
Shiner Wrote:I would say im 90% vegetarian.

Lunch is provided at work, and the veggo meals are shocking, so I usually have the meat options there.

However whenever I cook for myself its always vegetarian. I just enjoy cooking, and aside from the occasional nice steak I don't really desire meat that much. I still love dairy and will always use it, even if I was full time vegetarian (Come on, pumpkin soup without sour cream? what are you thinking! )

and for all the mostly meat eaters... I agree that lettuce is horrible. I hate the stuff even the fancy frilly colourful varieties. It is just water and crunch. Saying that I hate most salad really. I did have a really nice cashew and mushroom salad today though.

Have you ever tried cooking lettuce? Try it. You'll be surprised. It takes very little cooking and the taste is completely different.

LONDONER Wrote:Have you ever tried cooking lettuce? Try it. You'll be surprised. It takes very little cooking and the taste is completely different.

Theres a lot of recipes on the internet for cooking lettuce dishes.

I like lettuce wraps myself, although they arent cooked...but still awesome all the same.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Theres a lot of recipes on the internet for cooking lettuce dishes.

I like lettuce wraps myself, although they arent cooked...but still awesome all the same.

Can't do it.. the only way I've been able to enjoy lettuice is part of non-vegetarian dishes like san choy bow or prawn cocktails.

Speaking of veggo meals though I'm about to cook;

Dinner tonight:
Sauteed red cabbage and kale with mushrooms (plus some usual suspects, chili, garlic, thyme, red onion and brought to my palate with some lemon zest)

Dinner tomorrow:
Vegan tortilla lasagna that I saw on a youtube channel. Lazy mans dinner made in a cake pan with tortillas, looked tasty and boss.

Shiner Wrote:I agree that lettuce is horrible

How dare you.

Um, I've been a vegetarian for 10 years and was a vegan for 3.

A vegetarian is someone who doesn't eat meat, but will still consume other animal products (eggs, milk, etc.)

A vegan is someone who eats absolutely nothing that comes from an animal.

Those are the definitions as clear as they can be put. I've never heard of any alternate definition, it's pretty clear which is which.

starbelly Wrote:Those are the definitions as clear as they can be put. I've never heard of any alternate definition, it's pretty clear which is which.
I think other definitions are a little hypocritical.

I love steak. I like prime rib (I'm the boss level of cooking choice cuts as prime rib). I like fish. I also like salads, chips (or crisps, for the Limeys) made of navy beans, salsa, LOVE cilantro, and pepperoni. Meat keeps my brain clear.

*generic gay tube steak joke*

counselor Wrote:i love steak. I like prime rib (i'm the boss level of cooking choice cuts as prime rib). I like fish. I also like salads, chips (or crisps, for the limeys) made of navy beans, salsa, love cilantro, and pepperoni. Meat keeps my brain clear.

*generic gay tube steak joke*

ahahahaha!!!

I need meat. (no pun intended,LOL)

Well, I just enjoyed a nice veggo dinner.

While I don't eat vegan, some of my dishes classify as such. If you choose a vegan sourdough for this, it will be. However as I've chosen storebought sourdough, I can't say what it has been prepared with.

Shiner's Brushetta

made from this!
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1232&stc=1&d=1375691476]
sourdough
red onion
garlic
jalapeno
tomato
parsley
olive oil
salt n pepper
avocado
firm tofu

turned into this...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1233&stc=1&d=1375691543]

All I have done is slice the tofu really thin (bacon thickness) and fry until crispy on the outside. remember to dry and salt it beforehand.

I just used an oven to brown slices of the sourdough, then rubbed some raw garlic on them.

load up the sourdough with tofu, the sauteed mushrooms, avocado, and a salsa made from the tomato and other veggies.

nom nom nom
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1234&stc=1&d=1375691608]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)