Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Views of Men who are......
I had a friend that told me he was a pedophile and once he did I pretty much dropped him as a friend and to this day I feel extremely bad about it because like 2 weeks later I found out that he killed himself. The police got involved when they found a letter stating that he killed himself because he was a pedophile and nobody wanted to help him. They checked his computers and his house and found that he had nothing illegal so they closed the case. I still feel guilty that perhaps I could have done something to help him before he ended his life.

This is a very sticky topic and when it comes to pedophilia its a very touchy subject.

(I apologize in advance if my opinion or directness offends any one.)

Your friend is a very sick predator ,who feeds on destroying the innocence of a child.
I am not going to tell you, what I would do about him.

Do what you feel is right, he needs professional help.

He needs help! Before he does something he can't take back and some poor child is messed up for good.

Anonymous Wrote:He is a really good guy and I honestly believe that he hasn't done anything to any boys but I just feel like he has always been good friend to me. I mean how is it any different from a guy that is 70 and is dating a 18 year old that was just a teen and illegal a few years prior. I am not saying that I agree with him and his attraction but I just don't feel like its a good idea to just leave him alone when he is so helpless right now.

If I turn him in and the police check him out and he hasn't done anything, they will just let him go and thats it. I wouldn't have helped him or anything, I might have made it worse for him. So anytime anyone is a pedophile they are a threat to society and should be locked up? I just am not sure if I agree with that. I am sure I will be atttacked because I am not doing anything about it.

Laws are Laws...and there is no such thing as a 'little bit' of a paedophile...you are either a paedophile or you aren't...if you ARE responsible for the sexual exploitation of minors and children, you ARE a paedophile.

Your friend IS a paedophile...no two ways about it, he may not have had sex with a child, but he is without a doubt looking/watching material of children being sexually abuse...HE IS A PAEDOPHILE.

GIVE HIM THE ULTIMATUM

Rainbowmum Wrote:(I apologize in advance if my opinion or directness offends any one.)

Your friend is a very sick predator ,who feeds on destroying the innocence of a child.
I am not going to tell you, what I would do about him.

Do what you feel is right, he needs professional help.

I imagine your thoughts as a mother are along the line of dull and rusty razor.

I pretty much agree with Rainbowmum's feelings.

mental disorder or not, he is a vile predator of the innocent and needs to be stopped before he ends up hurting someone.

I could go on, but I don't want to get all preachy and self-righteous so I'll hold my tongue on the rest of my feelings.

dfiant Wrote:Laws are Laws...and there is no such thing as a 'little bit' of a paedophile...you are either a paedophile or you aren't...if you ARE responsible for the sexual exploitation of minors and children, you ARE a paedophile.

Your friend IS a paedophile...no two ways about it, he may not have had sex with a child, but he is without a doubt looking/watching material of children being sexually abuse...HE IS A PAEDOPHILE.

GIVE HIM THE ULTIMATUM

Pure unfounded speculation.
At least be deccent enough to give the guy you've never met, the benefit of the doubt.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:Pure unfounded speculation.
At least be deccent enough to give the guy you've never met, the benefit of the doubt.

He has confessed to 'liking' BOYS under 10...what the fuck sort of doubt does he deserve?

no way.

There are no degrees of paedophilia...a paedophile is a paedophile...NO DOUBT

I will not apologise for my narrow views when it comes to (potential) harm of any child.

Anonymous Wrote:If I turn him in and the police check him out and he hasn't done anything, they will just let him go and thats it. I wouldn't have helped him or anything, I might have made it worse for him. So anytime anyone is a pedophile they are a threat to society and should be locked up? I just am not sure if I agree with that. I am sure I will be atttacked because I am not doing anything about it.

I don't think you should do anything. Help him get professional help. He may be a good friend to you, but it is possible that without a professional help he won't be able to resist the urge.
If he hypothetically tells you that he wants to kill himself because he has depression, what will you do?
Depressive person has very limited strength to resist the urge to commit suicide.
So, what would you do? You would probably arrange a professional help for him.

So do it. Before it becomes uncontrollable.

My brother came out and told me that he was a pedophile and was attracted to young boys and I hated him for telling me and wish that he would have never said a thing to me because like 3 weeks later he ended up molesting a child and he got caught in the act by the boys mother and he went to prison for 5 years and then got out and then did it again and again. I keep wondering if I could have prevented him from ever doing anything and hurting the children that he hurt. He sent me letters telling me to come visit him and I never have. He is currently in prison for child molestation and they just keep giving him 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances. I just wish that they would keep him in prison for the rest of his life. I have no clue why he told me and I never asked him, I am not sure if he told me because I was gay and he thought that I had the same desires or what. Its just very strange