Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage
Is it one of those fancy new-age modern day trains or old-timey style? Do they serve food?
(Cobalt has never been on a train before and is wondering what it's like.)

Cobalt Wrote:ANYWAY: This topic sucks, officially, and now it's about trains. When's the last time you guys have been on a train?

I'm so glad you asked (big grin)

I pulled a train back when I was young. I called it "Jimmy Does Dallas"

<fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

Just kidding,,

Dirty Ole Creepy Man,,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

Oh...oh my...I don't think that was the train I was referring to! *sweat*

Cobalt Wrote:Is it one of those fancy new-age modern day trains or old-timey style? Do they serve food?
(Cobalt has never been on a train before and is wondering what it's like.)

I don't know how things are there, but the one here where I live serves a 1 hour route back and forth, so it's simply wagons and seats....like a subway...but not underground lol

[Image: merval_105758.jpg]

I've also taken the service from the capital towards the south for what is 1,5 hours of trip...that was also normal.

Another service does greater lenghts and that one is more comfy and packs food and all that
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

himself Wrote:When I was wee, I seem to remember only getting bathed once a week. On Saturday night.
Battered as in beaten?

Insertnamehere Wrote:I don't know how things are there, but the one here where I live serves a 1 hour route back and forth, so it's simply wagons and seats....like a subway...but not underground lol

[Image: merval_105758.jpg]

I've also taken the service from the capital towards the south for what is 1,5 hours of trip...that was also normal.

Another service does greater lenghts and that one is more comfy and packs food and all that

Sounds exciting! Do they have doors to the individual cabin things? So you can sit in one and close the door? Or is it like a bus? My only experience with trains is whatever I can remember from the train level in Goldeneye 64.

Cobalt Wrote:Oh...oh my...I don't think that was the train I was referring to! *sweat*

On a more serious note:

I used to ride an antique train when I visited Porto De Cristo in Spain. It was made of wood and traveled over the hills to a beautiful small seaside village where I would have lunch & a few beers whenever I was in that port. I can't remember the name of that little village, but it was just the place for me to unwind and relax away from the masses.

That was almost 30 years ago,,,, I hope it is still as nice as it was back then....

Salty Sailor,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

I love the sound of trains....a little bit intoxicating for me....

Cobalt Wrote:My God...I'm sorry to have to say this but: can you just shut the fuck up? You made a thread with horribly uninformed and ignorant statements and then go on about how some people on an internet forum are the reason why gays are in the position in the world and society that they are today. Just shut the fuck up. For you to say the people who responded, ALWAYS respond the way they do and mock people is bullshit. The people who responded here I have seen deliver thorough, insightful, and helpful posts many times over. And for some coward who wants to hide behind an "anonymous" screen name (yet who claims to have been here for a while) to try and call them out? That's bullshit.

ANYWAY: This topic sucks, officially, and now it's about trains. When's the last time you guys have been on a train?

[Image: tumblr_nu9jeoSHel1sar3c7o1_500.gif]

Oh $hit...

Cobalt Wrote:Sounds exciting! Do they have doors to the individual cabin things? So you can sit in one and close the door? Or is it like a bus? My only experience with trains is whatever I can remember from the train level in Goldeneye 64.

Well, both train services I've taken are, like a said, no more than surface subways

[Image: 7805762864_9bf0de3170_b.jpg]

The longer service is not very different, although it has places with tables and the seats are so much more sophisticated. No cabins, though.

[Image: 1140023331_f.jpg]

[Image: 1150768584_f.jpg]
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]