Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista. The brick wall.
:mad: Having had Vista now for 6 months and thus giving it a good go I have come to the conclusion that it is utter crap and XP was far better. Vista does work but at a snails pace in doing anything. System startup takes 5 minutes. Page loading also. File transfers to somebody else takes an age even with small files. The bloody O/S is so busy snooping around your system before it does anything is the bugbear. So if you are thinking of getting Vista.....forget it. :mad: :mad:

Note to self: Vista = BAD! mkay! Thanks :biggrin:

Get a mac!
*snuggles my mac!!!*

I purchased a new Vista toppie today and I changed it into XP as soon as I got home!I heard that MS has already scrapped Vista & is now working on another OS.

After searching the net I found several sites that told me how to get rid of the extraneous junk that comes with Vista. Done that and it has indeed got rather quicker. Still don't like it tho and after spending £219 to get it. I will hang on for now. Why MS insists on cramming all the stuff they THINK you need into an O/S I don't know. Ok Have the xtras but don't include them as default. Just give us the bare O/S to make the computer work and let US decide which programmes we want to run with it. Like Ubuntu Linux.

Dan1089 Wrote:I purchased a new Vista toppie today and I changed it into XP as soon as I got home!I heard that MS has already scrapped Vista & is now working on another OS.

Yeah I hear that. It seems it is called Windows 7. Lets hope they get it right this time

get a mac! i have used both and macs are 1000x better. sometimes there are some capability issues but they are few and far between.

Hey Enigma,did you just say "Ubuntu"?

Vista is ASSGASH, and I can't abide how MS just wheeled it out like they did ... it's the hungriest OS I've ever encountered for the PC, and it gives the LEAST back in return ... it's EASILY on par with Windows ME ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

The laptop im on now purchased like less than a month ago came with vista, past experience was bad.. But I decided to try it, to be honest loading takes 2 minutes. Which isnt bad at all, processes are sooo fast, microsoft office works alot better, vista doesnt keep crashing with my anti-virus, and I think with the balance of the laptop's performance itself vista is pretty amazing on this laptop.

I love the layout and looks of it, and xp took me like 5 mins to fully shut down, vista takes less than 40 seconds? Also the stand by options are far better than xp.

I think it mainly depends on the computer your using it on? Like this laptop HP made to work with vista, so if I took it off and put XP on I doubt it would work as well.. Its like in the booklet which come with this laptop in FAQ's someone asked if changing the OS to xp would change anything, HP replied that the whole laptop is made to cope with vista, and for this reason they recommend it stays on.

So mehh I dont think its vista. I personally wouldnt change any OS which any computer or laptop comes with just because I know its made for the one which is already loaded, and been tested for bugs and that shizz.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]