Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista. The brick wall.
Enigma Wrote:Yeah I hear that. It seems it is called Windows 7. Lets hope they get it right this time

I have Windows XP Pro and I like it personally.

I was given several versions of Vista for free from Microsoft and all of them were crap.

Microsoft developed Windows ME/2000 after Windows 98 then they came up with Windows XP. Most consumers skipped Windows ME/2000 and went str8 to XP from Windows 98

The new version of Windows [Windows 7] is codenamed Windows Vienna and is still in production however I see a repeat in history and see most consumers sticking with XP and jumping str8 to Vienna rather than even try Vista.

Dan1089 Wrote:Hey Enigma,did you just say "Ubuntu"?

Yup! Confusedmile:

Well I have spent two days getting rid of all the unecessary stuff from Vista and it is now working faster. However during the process I found out that to have Google or Yahoo installed on a machine is bloody dangerous as they have reporters installed hidden in them and they phone home and tell everything you do with your PC innocent or not. That annoys me as we are not all bloody terrorists or spies. So Google and Yahoo have got dumped too. :mad:

Enigma Wrote:Yup!
Just that here in SA,ubuntu means "I am because you are".Didn't know that they named an OS after it though.I can imagine you butchering the pronounciation!

Dan1089 Wrote:Just that here in SA,ubuntu means "I am because you are".Didn't know that they named an OS after it though.I can imagine you butchering the pronounciation!

OO-BUN-TOO!

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu :biggrin:

Ubuntu is an African word meaning 'Humanity to others', or 'I am what I am because of who we all are'. The Ubuntu distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world.

Lol Congratulations,it's actually its OO-BOOHN-TOO.Your pronounciation of the word is far superior than most people's though!

Dan1089 Wrote:Lol Congratulations,it's actually its OO-BOOHN-TOO.Your pronounciation of the word is far superior than most people's though!

I hang corrected. Confusedmile: