Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting
Voting days are always crappy times to be online for me - all my social media turns into the standard battle between those that see the point in voting, and those that don't.

I have not voted for years as my vote means nothing in the current system. I live in an area where the party I support don't put up candidates because it would lose them money to do so as no one else would vote for them. I am involved in workers rights and direct action though and feel this is much much more important than voting.

I used to vote strategically for the lesser evil but, in the name of honesty, my next vote in the parliamentary elections is going to the Communist Party of Finland.

Needless to say I probably won't be seeing my candidate getting elected to the parliament.

My friend that is here at the moment who lives in Sweden votes communist party in Sweden all the time.

I won't say "always" as I am sure that I have missed some elections, but 90% of the time I vote.
As to why, well, because I feel a responsibility. I must say that I have become very skeptical as tohow much good it does.

Depressing results.....

The one "please don't mess this up" measure in Colorado was the "defining life beginning at conception", which was soundly defeated. Again. (It seems to get on the ballot every two years now.) I'm not crazy about many of the other results, but I can handle them.

Lex

I always vote. It's very easy in my state as voting is done through the mail.

I am personally having a great night. Everything and everyone I voted for or against is going the way I wanted.

The results portend worse governance from Washington during the next two years.

I hope that the fire shapes some credible candidate for progressive views in the coming presidential election.

Lex, I share your relief on the abortion front. We defeated a local referendum in Albuquerque last year.

Bort, it is good to see you here.

No big surprises. The Koch Bros. won the outcomes they paid for this time.

With this slate of states up for election....and the gerrymandering and acclamations guaranteeing results....wow.

It is tragic that the US is no longer the gold standard model for elections in a western democracy. It would have been so amazing and interesting to see what the results would look like if money was taken out of politics...and if districting was done by a non-partisan commission....