Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebComics
I wanted to know if any gayspeakers read webcomics, LGBT of otherwise.

You can post what you like specifically or just a genre and a description of you like.

I LOVE me some webcomics any shape size or colour. From si-fi to romance to fantastic to humor.

This link goes to a list of lgbt themed webcomics. this one person was trying to make pretty comprehensive list
http://www.boyinpinkearmuffs.com/lgbt-webcomics/
If you are going to go read them its not marked which ones are nsfw so be prepared for dick lots and lots of dick

Cyanide & happiness! :d

Nataliedee!

In no particular order;

CAD, questionable content, xkcd, least i could do, the young protectors, surviving the world, Gaia, Minor acts of heroism, garfield minus garfield

Brawl in the Family
Fanboys
Awkward Zombie
VG Cats

All video game related.

Never heard of any of these comics. Will have to check them out.

Im old school........I collected comic books back in high school, mainly Wonder Woman.

I read various webcomics, at the moment I'm reading The Pirate Balthasar, of italian artists but available in english.

But I also read some random strip, Oglaf, Cyanide & Happiness, Nemi, etc etc.

KC Green's Gunshow, it's one of the most absurd things I've seen but there's a strange method to the apparent madness, and at times I can't help but bust out laughing. There's some recurring characters and occasional long-form stories, but a lot of the time there's lots of one-off gags with no continuity. Probably my favorite thing at the moment.

Pretty much anything by Kris Straub is also worth checking out, he's best known for his now-completed Starslip, his gag-a-day strip Chainsawsuit, his short story project Ichor Falls, and his newest cosmic-horror strip Broodhollow. I haven't read much of Starslip yet (it's 7 years worth of material to dig into), but judging by how good Broodhollow is I'd wager it's worth checking out.

Then there's Tracy Butler's Lackadaisy which is about cat people who run a speakeasy during the Prohibition era. The artwork is gorgeous but the artist only gets better and better - and what's not to like about cute kitties running around with tommy guns? Sadly the rate of updates is rather slow, and in fact it's been on hiatus for some months.

Evan Dahm's work has also caught my eye, it's mostly surrealistic fantasy adventure type stuff, but with some shorter stories set in his universe as well. In particular I'm pointing to his latest project Vattu - the artwork and pacing of the story have improved remarkably over his past works like Rice Boy and Order of Tales.

Also worth checking out: Zach Weiner's ever-clever joke-a-day Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, as well as Anthony Clark's offbeat Nedroid. Anywho, that's all the ones I can think of at the moment, I'll add anymore I find worthwhile when I can remember them

My favorites atm are
- Transfusions by Anni Keränen
- Starfighter by Hamletmachine

I used to be a webcomic junky back in the day, not as much anymore. I still have a few favorites:

Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida - been around nearly 14 years and has barely missed a day....not as raunchy as it started off as; in fact, Ishida has been working more feministic themes the last year or two into it, in addition to the usual riffs on modern life, spirituality, and sexuality.

Tripping Over You by Suzana Harcum and Owen White - sort of a cutesy British version of "boy falls in love with boy in high school and they keep it a secret, kinda" story. It seems to be building to something more, and the artwork is solid.

Cat and Girl by Dorothy Gambrell. Hipster humor, sometimes social commentary, obscure references.

Hark a Vagrant by Kate Beaton. History nerds love this one, I get a chuckle from it now and again.

For Lack of a Better Comic by Jacob Andrews. Just a solid strip.

Adventures in Gay by Hat (?). This one got popular quite quickly on Tumblr, but Hat doesn't update it as often now. Some funny sexual puns here and there.

This Alternative Life by, uh, me. Updates when the creative gods zap me with the willpower to do so. Basically it's a running commentary about how I feel about gay culture, which is usually confusion.