Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Watching or Re-Watching Now?
Since we're all isolating, what shows are you watching now, be they a new show everyone is talking about, or an old favorite you're binge watching now, or seeing in reruns?

I'm working from home, and I have to sign on at 8:00 in the morning.   When I log-in, I turn on the TV, and the TNT network reruns an old fave of mine (Charmed) from 8 - 10.

Since I've been home, I've seen seasons 6, 7, and 8.  Today the series finale was rerun, so on Monday it  will be staring over again at the first episode of season 1.

So what have you been watching?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Meebs

As of this moment I am watching Rizzoli & Isles. Just started watching it. Seems good so far.
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Not so much about what I AM watching but what I watched last night, the performance of “A Winter’s Tale”, the ballet choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon and transmitted on the ROH’s YouTube channel last night the 1st May.

This was an eye pleasuring production from beginning to end, the accessible music of Joby Talbot, the choreography, the set designs, the effects, the costumes, the dancing, just about everything.

Special mention I think should go to Edward Watson in the role of King of King of Sicilia, for his virile, masculine dancing and his acting also. A dancer who cannot act is only half a dancer and Edward Watson showed he could act in portraying the burning jealousy and built up anger when he believes the child his wife is carrying is the child of his best friend.

I’d also mention Steven McRae as the Prince of Bohemia. He’s a dancer I admire and he does some leaps that I think even Nureyev would be proud of.

There were some onstage musicians and I’d like to single out Eliza Marshall playing the bansuri, a type of wooden flute. She filled the stage with an bewitching, exotic sound.

The British school of ballet is so different from the Russian. The Russian school is almost always technically perfect but in reaching for such perfection they lack one thing that the British excel in; poetry. I can almost hear the balletomanes with far more knowledge than I, shouting in disagreement, but I would far rather watch a technically flawed performance filled with poetry, than a straight, cold, technically perfect one.

Anyone interested in seeing “A Winter’s Tale” can still see it on YouTube.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't have a television, won't use BBC iPlayer (or whatever name it goes by these days). I only use Netflix because that doesn't use up my monthly data allowance, and YouTube. I've abandoned a few series recently. I don't understand why the producers spend a fortune putting out a series when the story-telling is naff. To me a series needs a string story at its heart ... whether fiction or not.

I've had some lovely surprises. "After Life" by and with Ricky Gervaise had me laughing, weeping and cringeing in almost every episode in each season. Genius is such an overused word, but this series is very clever and beautifully written and acted.

I went back to rewatch "Life On Mars" and I'm glad I did. I haven't seen it since it was broadcast many years ago and his time I noticed how well written it was. Having seen that I thought I would give "Ashes To Ashes" a try. I'd not watched it before. It is kind of a sequel featuring many of the characters from "Life On Mars". Again very strong performances and storylines and the production even managed to keep the viewer guessing right the way through, even though we already knew the premise for the story.

I'm currently watching "Colony". A few episodes in and the show takes on a very different direction from where it felt like it was going. An abrupt turn from George Orwell to H.G. Wells!

I recently just finished binge watching season 1 of 'Treadstone' which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's set in the Jason Bourne universe, following the lives of sleeper agents being activated for some nefarious activities.

Also recently finished watching the latest season of 'The Expanse', another great show. I'd like to get a hold of the books too once the TV series is done. Sci-fi is probably my favorite genre to read/watch.
I followed 'Star Trek Picard' too every week, so I may go back and binge watch that, back to back episodes.

My next watches might be 'Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell' - I read the book a few years ago which was a good read, and I'm curious to see how the TV adaptation will work with the material.

One of my friends recommended 'Tales From The Loop' to me so I might give that a go at some point.

I did start watching 'Carnival Row' but I wasn't really in the mood for it, so I'll go back to that later. It looked interesting though, I liked the setting.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I only watch Netflix currently and my first quarantinge was
S3 of Babylon Berlin which I didn’t like as much as S 1&2, not enough male nudity among other things. Then I watched AJ and the Queen from Ru Paul which I throughly enjoyed, mostly because most of the characters were gay.
Yesterday I finished the Politician which was very amusing, very gay, but like all Ryan Murphy things, character development is sacrificed to plot machinations.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Besides random things on Netflix, I'm watching How to get away with murder.

And, for those who like anime, I recommend Shinsekai Yori. My personal favourite Big Grin

(05-02-2020, 01:40 PM)marshlander Wrote: ... To me a series needs a string story at its heart ...

Apologies for that. As any fule kno (showing my age with that quote) I meant to write "strong" instead of "string". I do read through my messages several times before posting because auto spelling correction has a life of its own and also the only letters still visible on my eight year-old MBP are "Q", "W" and "P". Sometimes I somehow miss something and nonsense ensues.

We've been watching Shooter with Ryan Phillippe...

[Image: Shooter_TV_Series_Key_Cast_Art.jpg]

https://www.netflix.com/title/80109194

Has been quite good so far! Smile (watched about 8 episodes into)
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I just binge watched Into the Night on Netflix. It's quite good and I can practice my French listening at the same time. Big Grin