Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Causes Your Hair and Eyes to Change Color?
I was born with yellow eyes.

I had jaundice.

Does that count.

Ahh this explains it as I was bright red when I was younger but it's gotten darker over the years as it has done to everyone in my family!! And my bio dad was blond so in the summer time my roots and fringe goes abit blond as does my legs and arm hair. I guess that's because of uv light aswell? Smile

i used to have blue eyes and blonde hair too. i've changed to light brown in both. my dad says i was blonde because of his part of the family (blonde with blue eyes) and i've changed because of my mom's. she's asian.

southbiochem Wrote:Hair, eye and skin color is determined by the amount of Melanin, a pigment derived from the aminoacid Tyrosine (in the eye its also important the Rayleigh Scattering phenomenon, as to how the eye color is perceived)

the more Melanin your body synthesizes, the darker everything is..

Melanin is a pigment that absorbs radiation, specially UV, very well, so it's a protective mechanism to radiation and it's potential to damage the DNA macromolecule.....hence, people from latitudes with high exposure to sunlight and specially UV radiation will have darker eyes, skin and hair...

for blondes, it may happen that their hair grows darker overtime, mainly due to the same process of producing melanin, and this will be the result of continuous exposure to doses of radiation, to which the body will acclimate by producing this protective pigment..
Pardon? Can you say that again please?

Lilitu Wrote:I was born with yellow eyes.

I had jaundice.

Does that count.

Oh Lulu, you crack me up sometimes!!!!

I had blonde hair, almost white and as a teenager it went dirty-blonde and now its hmmm brownish but it lightens in the sun a bit

Originally Posted by MisterTinkles View Post

Somebody bitch slap you lately? That can do it.

"That's some supernatural stuff right there. A bitch slap that can change hair and eye color. Maybe I need more bitch slaps till I get it the way I want. "

LMAO

You obviously never had any black friends then. Ive heard some friends say when they get offended by other black people, "Dont make me slap the black off you!" or "Shut up, or I will slap your brown eyes green!".

LMAO
Rofl

partis Wrote:I had blonde hair, almost white and as a teenager it went dirty-blonde and now its hmmm brownish but it lightens in the sun a bit

RoflRofl

Party, I just luvs you....

Dirty blond?

Shampoo? Biglaugh

Age shure changes hair color...

I be going grey...

My son says I look "extinguished" :eek:

Cor, I'd love to bitch-slap him Confusedmile:

trialbyerror Wrote:My son says I look "extinguished" :eek:

Cor, I'd love to bitch-slap him Confusedmile:

That cheeky bastard needs to be respectful of his elders..Biglaugh

trialbyerror Wrote:Shampoo? Biglaugh