Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Live For?
What force you wake up every day and do what you do now? What holds you in this world?

I live for my aims and dreams. Every day I do some steps to be closer to my dreams. Reason to live here to me is a happiness. While I'm not happy person, but I'm building this road, and I think that now everything is ok - all going by plans.

If one day I wake up and understand that I can't realise my dreams anymore, can't be happy or life is not interesting anymore, I just leave this world. Can't understand persons who tortured themselves. Can't imagine life as habbit.

But sometimes life looks like just simply movements, you know. At the end all of us wait only one way.

Interesting question,

I myself unfortunately, just get out of bed cause I have a job...

before that it was studies..before that it was because I had to..or my mother told me I had to..

well, I don't have friends....I don't go out, I don't get together with people..I just wake up, go to work and get back..

I don't have ambitions with respect to work either...maybe, just maybe, get into a doctorate program...but even that is more "I have to" rather than "I want to", so I guess...

I live for the routine...and it doesn't even have a purpose...

Hard to answer actually. If I'm still alive then this world needs me for something, I guess.

I have a lot to live for. Probably first and foremost is that I parent, and truly enjoy my daughter's company.

Beyond that I have a number of creative and intellectual pursuits. I play music, I build guitar amps, and am starting to get back into photography. Old school photography, with a 4x5 view camera. I may be using my electronics know-how to build my own studio flash since my old gear is long gone. There is generally some project being planned or actively worked on here.

I have a boyfriend too. I don't see him often enough, and a few times that's almost lead to a breakup. But every time we're together I am happy and at peace. I would go so far as to call it love, though my past has made me very cautious. He is very caring, gentle when that is what I need, and at least my equal intellectually. And, um, rather well hung.

Life has not always been good though. A few years back I had almost nothing to live for. I was stagnating in every way. I would say it has been through force of will, a lot of effort expended, and careful decisions that I have gotten this far in my life.

Nor is my life where I want it to be yet. I have gone 4 years now without a valid driver's license and car. I have just recently (this past month) finished paying of my reinstatement fees and will very soon be getting my license back. At that point I will still have a long way to go before I can buy a car, but it's progress.

Some of you are obviously struggling with depression and a lack of meaning in your lives. I can't give you the answers for how to deal with it except to say that you can build your life in whatever way you want it to be, but will never get there without figuring out what you want and working towards getting it. Nobody will do it for you. That should not be taken as a lack of sympathy on my part, but as encouragement to go find your own happiness. Everybody is capable of that if they set their mind to it and stay the course.

Writing.
The fact I love writing and can write all day if I wish helps me get up in the morning Smile

Art.......

I live because I dream tomorrow will be better...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Misabear Wrote:Writing.
The fact I love writing and can write all day if I wish helps me get up in the morning Smile

..ah yes, the muse, she is seductive in all ways... I know her well... sometimes too well :p

My boyfriend...also, watching world events pan out, especially in relation to politics.

I live for myself

southbiochem Wrote:well, I don't have friends....I don't go out, I don't get together with people..I just wake up, go to work and get back..

Ok, you made me sad for a moment. Cant believe you dont have friends, you would make a wonderful friend to everyone here!!

nfisher1226 Wrote:Some of you are obviously struggling with depression and a lack of meaning in your lives.

I too felt a lack of meaning in my life, i think thats exactly what I feel right now. I am in search of a things which would make me really happy, i dont know if its the best work, the best friends, the best lover, or maybe a mix of everything but I still dont have it right now

--------------------------------------

As for me, when someone would ask me What do I live for, i really wont know what to say. I mean, i have big dreams for myself and a lot of goals I wanna accomplish in life, but there are some points when I just wanna sleep and die because Im too tired of everything. Like seriously, after work, im asking myself, Why am I doing this??

I really dont know, maybe i am in the point of my life wherein I am not looking forward to much things in life. I just do what is expected of me, and my family being religious kills me, its my biggest dilemma in life because i thought i would be in the closet forever because of their conservatism. I just dont know what to do, if lets say im already 35 and they expect me to have my own family, i just wanna die

Sometimes I plan on living on solitude so that some people would just think I died already. But right now, i only live for myself and for my family. That's it. I can lose everything, but not family