Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Live For?
For me I want to help people and make the world a little bit of a better place so I aspire to do a job which allows me to do this. But as recent as the summer I was struggling to see what was the point. But I'm getting over that now and feel loads better Smile

The belief that my existing can make the world a better place for people other than myself. To do that, I need to be the best person I can be, which also means not getting spread too thin or developing abusive relationships.

It's an idea that's helped me a lot.

I must also admit that imagining my future gives me something to look forward too. I imagine that once that future comes, I will have fulfillment from a career I worked for, and be content with my boyfriend -- who I increasingly suspect will be there.

That being said, I have never feared death. I do not fear the future, I do not fear that my goals might be cut short by a tragedy, I believe that working towards them and achieving them are both just as admirable. If I had to die today, I would be content. I believe, however, that I have much more to do, and much more to live for and look forward too.

And that's what I live for.

I live to provide a humble home for some staphylococcus epidermidis. I do my best!

I always hate this question because it's tough for me to answer. I get out of bed because my body tells me to (sometimes). Then I just keep myself occupied because being bored makes me think about how much things suck in the world. Such is the life of constant depression. I just deal with it.

Miles Wrote:I live to provide a humble home for some staphylococcus epidermidis. I do my best!

Staphylococcus aureus is so much cooler...just saying..

VileKyle Wrote:Then I just keep myself occupied because being bored makes me think about how much things suck in the world. Such is the life of constant depression. I just deal with it.

I know what you mean...*sigh*

on a different topic..

Chase, you crazy MF.....yours was a good post damn it..

First I live for my Daughter. After that it gets a little complicated I think. I have a very technical mind and love to solve problems and figure things out. So lets say whenever I have come close to suicide in the past because of what ever reason I end up asking myself...Why? I could never find a good enough reason to push myself over the edge like that because I have a constant need to understand why things are the way they are. So I guess you could say I live to understand.

I live to annoy, upset, and make those morons lives miserable that have made me miserable all my life....including all the stupid people out there.

DAMN I love it.......just wish I got paid for it.

Love, curiosity, new experiences. Finding the funny side to life helps. I'm comfortable with the idea that life "just is, we should enjoy what we can and do our best to shake off what we can't" rather than "there is a greater purpose we must figure out and then live."

What do I live for?...
Well the things that make me that happiest is making others happy. I like to be helpful. I like to try and do what is right. I try and love people in the best ways I can (some people I just will never love).
I live for my mother and my brothers and my friends. I live for money and pay because that is the only way to get along in this society.

I used to live thinking that "before I die, I must leave my mark on the history of mankind by bettering the world somehow".
Eventually I realized it was too big a goal so I reduced it to making an effort to improve myself and those around me to make the lives of others, especially the less fortunate, more comfortable.